Heineken

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IXIboneheadIXI

Reaction score
so whats everyones opinion of this beer? this is my go to beer for parties and such. well that and stella.

and what other beers are similar to it but more or less a step up, i've heard great things about grolsch.

If i had to guess, you're not going to find a lot of Heineken fans here. :D

If you like the Euro-lager style, Samuel Smith's Organically Produced Lager is excellent.

If i had to guess, you're not going to find a lot of Heineken fans here. :D

If you like the Euro-lager style, Samuel Smith's Organically Produced Lager is excellent.

never seen it, but i will look, and i dont drink Heineken a lot but the reason i drink it at parties and stuff is i can drink a lot of it, its not a bad taste, and its a lot better than crap like bud light and whatever other piss in a bottle people normally bring to parties lol

I like heiney for a light beer. But I'm not truly picky. I'd rather drink a Stroh's or a Shlitz if I were to go that light, but I wouldn't pass up a Heineken. Had a Stella at a hockey game once. Not bad either.

Honestly, I doubt I could tell them apart.

I've had many heine's and stella's. i like em both there my equivalent of bmc because i wont drink any bmc. but on a nice hot day after working in the yard all day an ice cold stella can hit the spot

I've had many heine's and stella's. i like em both there my equivalent of bmc because i wont drink any bmc. but on a nice hot day after working in the yard all day an ice cold stella can hit the spot

Anheuser-Busch owns Stella. That's BMC enough for me!

Haha, kidding; somewhat. I have been known to enjoy a High Life from time to time...

Honestly, I'd rather drink Schlitz. But then I only reach for mass market lagers when pickins are slim or when I'm outdoors doing something like golf where wet and cold are all that matter. Or if it is free. My beer snobbery only engages when I'm buying.

I used to hate Heinekin because of the bitter skunky flavor. Then I learned it was due to the green bottles and sunlight.

I went on a cruise in the Med and they ran out of Bass but had Heinekin on tap, I thought they had poured me the wrong beer. It wasn't skunked and was really quite good. Now I make my own using the recipe from Clone Brews.

I used to hate Heinekin because of the bitter skunky flavor. Then I learned it was due to the green bottles and sunlight.

I went on a cruise in the Med and they ran out of Bass but had Heinekin on tap, I thought they had poured me the wrong beer. It wasn't skunked and was really quite good. Now I make my own using the recipe from Clone Brews.

this, not so much in new york where i live but in canada its a hugely popular beer and most restaurants have it on tap

Back