What's Your Favorite Condiment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a bottle of Sriracha at work and at home, I put it on everything from taco bell to steaks on the grill, and almost everything in between. I also have a bottle containing a mix of peanut satay sauce and Sriracha, I mixed it 60/40 satay to Sriracha, fantastic on chicken, fish, pork, heck I even tried it on a fresh fruit salad!

I also have to mention frostbite hot sauce, I use that in my coffee, iced tea, in martinis, beer, it will spice up anything! and its water soluble so its fun to sneak into co-workers water bottles for on the job tomfoolery.

I also have to mention frostbite hot sauce, I use that in my coffee, iced tea, in martinis, beer, it will spice up anything! and its water soluble so its fun to sneak into co-workers water bottles for on the job tomfoolery.

Wow, that's pretty awesome stuff. I've never heard of it, but after reading a bit about it, I definitely need to pick myself a bottle up!

Ok I had to go out and find a bottle of Sriracha, I got one in an Asain store.
It's a lot spicier than I had envisioned it, I still have to give it a proper test drive but I think it'll be good stuff.

Yeah, I like Louisiana hot sauce too. It's basically Franks.

Not even close. I don't really care for Franks at all. Its ok and I will eat it but i won't buy it. To me the flavor isn't that great. On the other hand Louisiana (brand not style) is one of my favorite hot sauces. I am talking about this stuff.

Louisiana_brand_hot_sauce.jpg

While catsup (ketchup) ain't my all-time fav, it's in the top 3; and the best catsup ever made was Brooks... Anybody else remember Brooks catsup?

Not even close. I don't really care for Franks at all. Its ok and I will eat it but i won't buy it. To me the flavor isn't that great. On the other hand Louisiana (brand not style) is one of my favorite hot sauces. I am talking about this stuff.

I'd say that Louisiana has a bit more of a vinegar bite, but it can easily be passed as Franks in a wing sauce recipe.

Sriracha for sure! Using that stuff in moderation even seems to help things move smoothly "later on" too for some reason, without excessive burning, just minor burning...
Siracha makes even the blankest kitchen mistakes I've made into delicious mouth burning intestine melting goodness.
Also its great on ramen.

If we're scoring "favorite" based on quantity eaten, I'd have to go with mustard. I like a good mustard on just about everything -- especially french fries.

However, I do love me some Sriracha and Stubb's BBQ sauce, separately or mixed.

Incidentally, I can almost always find the sriracha chili garlic paste at my local King Sooper's (Kroger) supermarket -- no need to find an Asian grocery for it.

Incidentally, I can almost always find the sriracha chili garlic paste at my local King Sooper's (Kroger) supermarket -- no need to find an Asian grocery for it.

Same here, I'm not sure why some grocers don't carry it on the Asian aisle.

Sriracha is nearly 7 dollars a bottle at my local Safeway. I'm more then happy to drive a few miles to the asian store and pay less then three bucks.

FWIW (and ****s and giggles), I used to live one block from two asian stores. One sold quarts of blood and 'assorted intestines' (think salad bar style) and the other had all kinds of live and dead fish as well as live frogs/turtles.
both stores stunk to high hell as well....:D

FWIW (and ****s and giggles), I used to live one block from two asian stores. One sold quarts of blood and 'assorted intestines' (think salad bar style) and the other had all kinds of live and dead fish as well as live frogs/turtles.
both stores stunk to high hell as well....:D

One of the ones near me used to just have a box of shrimp (not dried) sitting in the isle. Not on ice or anything. I heard a few months ago the health dept shut them down.

Latest posts

Back