Brew smell

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the smell of the actual mashing/cooking process, probably because it smells like bread to me.

Most of the time the fermenters smell pretty good to me, but this last batch was kicking some mad sulphur that I didn't even notice until a few days later when I was trying to identify where the "strange smell on my clothes" was coming from.

Oh yeah, fermentation funk.

Moved that sucka out of my room and back into a larger room.

I guess it depends on what's fermenting / the yeast being used. An air purifier can help keep the air circulating and a carbon filter on the air cleaner helps with some of the funk.

My SWMBO also dislikes the smell of the beer while I am brewing it. She doesn't like it but she knows I love to brew beer... so she puts up with it. We are waiting until we can afford a house which will probably be in about 2-3 years to start outside brewing. Although my sister-in-law has a house and I have her husband very interested in brewing so he said I can come over and brew any time I would like. My SWMBOS parents also have a turkey fryer I can have, guess they haven't used it since they got it a couple years back.

Back