Need help from PGA Tour fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I'm as big a golf dork as I am a homebrew dork.:cross: I'm trying to decide a style to brew for The Masters this year and I'm looking for some ideas.

I've actually been lucky enough to attend the tournament 3 times but I don't think it's going to happen this year so I want to have a party and have a beer that fits the tournament.

Ideas???

Don't know the style but some names could be Cheetah Woods, Under Par, Back Nine, Magnolia, Amen Corner, Augusta, Arnie's Army, Butler Cabin or in honor of the past chairman of Augusta National, Hootie Johnson.

You could make a Boggie Bock, a Bunker Blonde, a Par Porter, an Eagle Eisbock, a Double-boggie Doppelbock, or an APA-Ace Pale Ale.
How about a Snowman Stout.

gotta be something that goes well with ham sandwhiches, eh? Isn't that what they serve at Augusta for like $1.50?

- Hogan Bridge Pale Ale?
- Amen Corner IPA?
- Eisenhauer Tree Maibock?
- Golden Bear Golden Lager?

How about an Apricot Wheat, I'd say peach but I think the Apricot typically yield s better results. AW was probably one of my best received home brews ever.

gotta be something that goes well with ham sandwhiches, eh? Isn't that what they serve at Augusta for like $1.50?

- Hogan Bridge Pale Ale?
- Amen Corner IPA?
- Eisenhauer Tree Maibock?
- Golden Bear Golden Lager?

They do serve ham but they are famous for the Pimento Cheese sandwich.

How about an Apricot Wheat, I'd say peach but I think the Apricot typically yield s better results. AW was probably one of my best received home brews ever.

I think this is what I'm leaning towards. Some sort of fruit/wheat beer. It'll just be starting to feel like spring here and that might be nice.

It could be an Amen Corner Apricot Ale.

Isn't this an all day event?

Might want to keep the ABV down so you don't miss the end!

Yeah, exactly. It's actually a 4 day event. So this again points towards something like an apricot wheat.:)

How about a Dopple Bock? The Masters is in the spring, Bocks and Dopple Bocks are spring beers. Sounds like a match. If you get started right away, it should be ready by the Masters.

Back