Don'tcha just love winter beer season?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm adding cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and orange peel. Here's the plan. Thoughts?

.25 tsp cinnamon 0 min
.25 tsp ginger 0 min
.25 tsp nutmeg 0 min
1oz orange peel 0 min

I've no clue on the total amount of spice, but 1:1 is a lot of nutmeg , or would be in baked goods, etc. Sounds like a great beer if the spicing is subtle.

My goal is to make the spicing subtle. I was actually considering dialing the nutmeg back too. I'm glad you also agree. I'll be brewing this up next weekend and will let it sit till about Christmas time.

This is really my favorite time of year for beer. I can drink any style and it seems to do just fine. Winter seasonals are my favorite, and they are starting to hit shelves :)

I haven't seen any winter seasonals yet around here (still all Oktoberfests and pumpkin ales)...can't wait though!

It's driving me nuts... there's a few out but I can only find Brrr in half racks and I prefer to buy 6-packs and I have only seen Jubelale at CostCo so far. Have been getting my fill of Snow Cap, Wassail and Ebenezer.

Oh, yes. My favorite beer time of the year.

Can't wait to get my hands on SN's Celebration Ale, Anchor's Holiday ale, Bell's Christmas Ale, and 3 Floyd's Alpha Klaus. There is also a new brewery here in the Chicago-land area, 5 Rabbit, that is going to put out a spiced Belgian strong golden ale for winter. Unfortunately, it will be draft only.

I am disappointed that NB's 2 Below won't be around, but Snow Day is pretty good.

I've seen a bunch of you sing the praises of Jubelale, but it does not appear that Deschutes Brewery distributes in Illinois. What is it like?

Back