Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo Patsies :))) another serious Q in your trash talking thread....

Kraft was asked the other day, "who is more to credit for the team's success, Belichek or Brady". Clearly it is a great pairing, but he answered Belichek. I agree (if for nothing else, there is Garapolo and Cassel as successful replacement examples to support).

So, how about you guys? (hoping to stir up some internal dissent amongst you fans right before the SB!).

Cheers!

I don't think it's an "either or"... I think they have had an amount of success that the league has never really seen. That's not trash talk... it's fact.

Without Brady... they don't get there. Without Belichick... they don't get there.

If you held a gun to my head and made me pick one, I would say Belichick because he's the architect of the entire team and is involved with every aspect of what the team does.

But like I said... without Brady, he doesn't get there.

Without Belichick, the Pats could likely have Brady and the equivalent of the New England Browns... Brady's the GOAT, no doubt. But without a GM and coach like Belichick to choose and then cultivate talent across the board, Brady could be a better pre-Magic version of an NFL Lebron. All the talent, none of the support for continued success for the organization as a whole... Lebron couldn't carry his team to a championship single handed, and doing the same in the NFL single handed - and repeatedly at that - is even closer to impossible. Hell, on the same analogy - Jordan never did it single handed either, or for as long, though he had a penchant for taking over games. But to go the whole way, he needed some amount of help.

Let's assume Belichick (who knew the spelling was of a baby chicken, huh??!) is able to hold his job while finding "another" Brady (possibly Beldsoe is able to win regularly for a few years, even if not a SB). Along comes Cassel, he goes 11-5 (and my Dolphins win the division and knock out the Pats, that was great!), you don't think Cassel could win it? What about Garapolo? I know its small sample size, but still it does appear system helps (not knocking Brady mind you)

Let's assume Belichick (who knew the spelling was of a baby chicken, huh??!) is able to hold his job while finding "another" Brady (possibly Beldsoe is able to win regularly for a few years, even if not a SB). Along comes Cassel, he goes 11-5 (and my Dolphins win the division and knock out the Pats, that was great!), you don't think Cassel could win it? What about Garapolo? I know its small sample size, but still it does appear system helps (not knocking Brady mind you)

Like I was saying, yes, I think he still has a lot of success.... but not the level they have reached

They way you're putting it, you're suggesting Brady is interchangeable with some other QB and that QB would be incredible under Belichick's system.

And that's crazy talk

Brady's not only special because of his play on the field but for how involved he is with game planning, culture, etc with Belichick

The biggest thing with Brady, that most fans of other teams don't realize, is how complex the Pats' offense is and how it all funnels through Brady. The receivers typically have three, sometimes four, different routes called for each play and they run them depending on what the defense does once they get to the line and once the ball is snapped. That's why WR's like Chad Ochocinco, and Joey Galloway, etc etc washed out of the offense... they couldn't get the offense.

If the D lines up in a certain formation and then the safety does this.... the wr should run X route.... and Brady has been doing it so long that he knows all of it... knows where his mismatches are... and puts the ball where the guy should be.

Which... on occasion, when he tosses an incomplete pass, you'll see him lose his shti... because the WR ran the wrong route or he threw it to the wrong route.

There isn't another QB in the league that can do what he does like he does it.

Aaron Rodgers throws a freakin gorgeous pass and is a great QB in a different way.... but couldn't do what Brady does.

I certainly don't watch many Pats games (obnoxious alert- cheaters; ref favoritism- tuck this!) so I will take your word for it, but I do think this is not unique to the Pats per se, I mean you really can't believe only they plan that way do you? Additionally, you had success with the two I mentioned, but they neither had exposure to the playoffs, no fault of their own. Maybe they ran it well, but like Wentz in Philly this year, maybe it was just a matter of time until D's would catch up to them, but maybe not?? Ok, this totally is beginning to sound like a diss on Brady, its not. Maybe a little. I actually hope you're correct and I stop looking up the AFC East standings. Its been a hell of an impressive run.

Ok, maybe not verbatim, I implied that from "The biggest thing with Brady, that most fans of other teams don't realize, is how complex the Pats' offense is and how it all funnels through Brady"

Ok, maybe not verbatim, I implied that from "The biggest thing with Brady, that most fans of other teams don't realize, is how complex the Pats' offense is and how it all funnels through Brady"

I think you're trying to say that I implied it... and you inferred it.

I did not and you incorrectly did

I think you're trying to say that I implied it... and you inferred it.

I did not and you incorrectly did

I stand corrected, but I think my inference wasn't much of a stretch.

At any rate, let's hope you're correct, as I will hope that the Falcons win on Sunday, and Brady slips next year and needs replacing.

I don't think it's an "either or"... I think they have had an amount of success that the league has never really seen. That's not trash talk... it's fact.

Without Brady... they don't get there. Without Belichick... they don't get there.

*for known, punished, repeat cheaters.

The thing about Cassell, was that he had a pretty strong supporting cast, and (almost) all the stars aligned just right that his team pulled off that 11-5 season. Watching that season though, you could tell that they VERY slowly opened up the playbook for him over the course of the season. Early on, what was available to him was enough because, in a typical season, Defenses tend to lag behind Offenses by a few games in terms of getting back to full on NFL speed. By the time Defenses started to come up to speed, they were reviewing film of him with a smaller playbook - so as that playbook opened up, it gave the team new tools that opposing Defenses hadn't quite prepared for... And that was basically how that whole season went. The only star that didn't fall into line was the lousy Dolphins taking the Division and the Pats losing some odd-ass tie breaker to not make the post-season with that 11-5 record. Who knows what they would have done had they made the playoffs, but I doubt it would've been a deep run.

And for Garopolo - kid had almost 6 quarters at the very start of the season. Nobody expected him to do much of anything, and he exceeded those expectations - again, while Defenses were in the early-season catch-up phase. Maybe he continues to develop, maybe not. Way too small a sample size to evaluate. Look at Brisette - a little more than 2.5 games, mostly still in the Defense catch-up period, and nobody would say he lit the league on fire. He almost let the Miami game get away from the team, and got shut out (albeit, with a throwing-hand thumb held on by duct tape and positive thoughts) by Buffalo. Even in the shut-out against Houston that he won - he wasn't exactly a driving force in that win.

I don't believe we have a good sample size of Garropollo. We have to trust the coaches on their praise of him if it's true. Plus like you said things speed up in the playoffs and it's a whole different game. Cassell was good about staying within the system. Once he left and had to rely on his natural talent he faltered.

I believe Dak Prescott has a good argument as a frosh MVP qb. However, I'm interested to see if he'll have a slumping sophmore year once more tape gets put out there on him. Plus more scars to give him the yips.

Additionally, I think you're missing a big piece in the Brady/Belichick debate: Kraft. Good teams are about good owners and good coaches. One of the best things that ever happened was Parcell's snapping Kraft's carrot about interfering in the coaching field. Look at Irsay/Pagano/Luck. What a cluster f- of good young talent. So many other bad lottery sperm owners kids that have no clue how to execute.

Pat's have three stars that aligned: Brady, Belichick and tipsy Kraft.

I don't believe we have a good sample size of Garropollo. We have to trust the coaches on their praise of him if it's true. Plus like you said things speed up in the playoffs and it's a whole different game. Cassell was good about staying within the system. Once he left and had to rely on his natural talent he faltered.

I believe Dak Prescott has a good argument as a frosh MVP qb. However, I'm interested to see if he'll have a slumping sophmore year once more tape gets put out there on him. Plus more scars to give him the yips.

Additionally, I think you're missing a big piece in the Brady/Belichick debate: Kraft. Good teams are about good owners and good coaches. One of the best things that ever happened was Parcell's snapping Kraft's carrot about interfering in the coaching field. Look at Irsay/Pagano/Luck. What a cluster f- of good young talent. So many other bad lottery sperm owners kids that have no clue how to execute.

Pat's have three stars that aligned: Brady, Belichick and tipsy Kraft.

And a helluva lotta luck mixed in.

Do you think Kraft and Belichick said "that Brady is a gonna be one of the best ever; let's wait until to 6th round to take him and pray that Bledsoe gets hurt."?

Oh, and playing in the AFC Easy doesn't hurt either.

Lol, my phone auto corrected "East" to "Easy". Even Android knows...

Back