Berkshire Brewiong Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D*Bo

Reaction score
Drank some Lost Sailer earlier today, and damn that is a thirst quenching IPA.
And the Berkshire Ale is pretty tasty too.

I'll definately be taking the paint off the 64 oz bottles and using them to bring my keged home brews to parties and such.

I love BBC, gotta make the trip out to their brewery one of these weekends for the tour. Usually when I buy commercial beers, it's a couple of their bombers (I much prefer bottling into bombers anyway). The IPA is good, my fave so far I think is the River Ale. Very potent, but without a strong alcohol taste - just a very well-balanced strong ale.

Good luck getting them labels off! They can certainly be a bugger in regards to label removal!

I have started to remove these bottles out of my bottle inventory, as occasionally I run into issues with capping these bottles. Seems sometimes the crowns do not fit for one reason or another. I've been bottling beer for sixteen years, and aside from some old Lions Head returnables, these are the only bottles I have had trouble putting crowns on.

And yes, that lost sailor sure is a tasty beer, a little light on the IBU's but none the less, a tasty brew. My favorites BBC beers are the Berkshire Ale, and the Steel Rail ale. Yum!

Yeah, I'm tryign to think, I think those were pretty tough to remove. The People's Pint ones I think were the easiest I've come across - you can pretty much just peel the label off without soaking and without any adhesive left behind. Their Farmer's Ale is pretty tasty, wish I could find that nearer to where I live.

Wish I could :drunk: for lunch, but walking down an 8" beam with a 3' trolley rail down the middle 80' off the floor kind of puts a damper on that. Not to mention the 2-3.5 hour drive home. Have enough trouble with that as it is. Damn cranes.

so any of ya'll going to the northampton brewfest?
if you do check out me friends band "angry johnny and the killbillies" on saturday night.
if you think berkshire brewing is good, then taste some paper city brewery beer from holyoke. ahhhhh good beer!

barrett

Is that the one in Holyoke, or are there two festivals? I've got to call my brother this weekend, see if he wants to go there with me. I'll definately be making the trip over the mountain.

EDIT: That's the CT River Brewfest I'm looking at next month - same thing, or something different?

oops, i meant the ct river brewfest.

http://www.ctriverbrewfest.com/per04.htm

if you've never been there, be warned that the parking SUCKS and you'll probably have to park on rt. 5 and walk a ways, especially at night. but it's so worth it! lots of good beer, goods bands, good food. and a free plastic souvenir beer mug!

and they even have a homebrew contest!

see ya'll there!

barrett

Back