New England Grain Buy December 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I paid according to i instructions. Gonna reach out to Donovan and see what's up.

Tidesmatt
Skimonn
Zinc
Tellyho
Luther
Schauby7
Brewis
thunder001
two-rocks
Skimonn
rabbit76
chaba
InnerFatKidd
Jakefromstatefarm
Brewsomemore
WinterDreaming
CanoSpam
electricbrews
BryangleBrau
Tjmac5071
quaboagbrewing
Aouellette86
Tremorlab
Clankenbrew
Tremorlab
PurpleHaze
PiggottBrew
godrick
entropicpenalty
philw86
gmull70

Really depends on when I get checks. I know that it won't be this weekend. I am pretty sure that it isn't going to be next weekend. That is just due to the fact that once I get all the payments I need to then transfer the money out of PayPal and wait for checks to clear. If we are lucky that will happen by Weds then they ship on Thursday or Friday and I get it Friday or Monday if I am lucky.

One other thing it seams like every time we have a sort someone asks if they can pick up early. We don't do this because we would have to pull apart the pallets to make that happen.

We're planning on grain pickup on the 23rd, pending successful delivery of the grain. There have been delivery issues in the past, so it's tentative until the grain is in the building! Watch this thread for confirmation from Donovan.

We're planning to start the sort at 9AM, and can use 4-5 people to help out. Reply if you are interested.

Everyone else should plan to get there at 10AM for pickup. And don't just show up, grab your grain and take off, help other people out hauling grain to their cars. Makes it easier on everyone.

Great, thanks Zinc!

With so few splits in this buy, sort and pickup should go quickly.

If the 23rd holds up as the date then I should be there by 9am to help sort as well. See you all next weekend.

Bob

I would be in for helping wax some bottles, but I will also have my son and possibly girlfriend with me, so it will be up to if they are willing to a) put up with me helping, or b) help themselves. My son has been my assistant brewer for a few years now, so I bet he would love to help.

Just curious.......looks like we may be getting a snow event on Saturday. Will the pickup be postponed if this forecast holds up? Not sure if I'll be able to make it all the way into Everett if road conditions are poor. Just figured I'd check.

Once I have the grain on hand I will annouce it in the thread with the pick up instructions. Since the sort isn't at a private residence I am just going to post it in the thread.

Cheers,
Donovan

The grain is in Boston waiting to be delivered on Thursday. So we should be good for the sort on Saturday.

The address is 6 Ashland St Everett MA 02149. When you reach the address you will need to keep driving down Ashland St until you hit our building. There is a white sign over the door.

If the sort people could get there at 9am and the rest of the folks at 10:30a that would be great. Remember that this is a group effort and you should plan on staying until everyone else is packed up.

Also be on time this is very important we are not going to hang around waiting on you. Also if you can't be at the sort make arrangements with someone in the group. Having me hod on to your grain should be a very last resort.

Clankenbrew If you don't mind getting my bags Saturday since I can't make it. I live in Sterling, CT and can get them Sunday from you.

Donovan
Any chance you could bring my grain to Williamsburg next time you are out this way? I'm looking at a 5 hr drive out and back from Pittsfield. Happy to pay for your gas!
Frank

Donovan,
Sure, that works fine. Just give me a heads up the day before and I'll meet you anytime you like.
Thanks,
Frank

Sorry for the late post, but is anyone interested in buying a few more bags of grain? I have some 2Row and Marris Otter from the last buy that I'm not going to use, as well as some other splits.

Will post details soon, I'll sell $5 under "face" value (from this buy).

I'll be down at the buy picking up a bucket of PBW, so we can exchange there.

Thanks!

My daughter just woke up for the second time throwing up tonight so I may not be able to make it. My wife works 8:30-12 tomorrow, my brother and gf were supposed to watch her for a couple hrs for this but I'm not doing that is she is still sick.

I could definitely come by around 1 if that is an option, otherwise anyway I can get it another day, or anyone near North Reading able to hold it?

Back