Siphon Tap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't heard of a siphon tap, if you include a link, it might be worth checking out

A lot of people, myself included, use the Auto-Siphon:

http://northernbrewer.com/siphon.html

It works great for starting a siphon, just remember to use 5/16" hose to get a good seal.

As for the aerator...I have one, but haven't used it in years. I just let the cooled wort splash into my primary when I transfer. It works just as well and it's free.

those seem like cool toys, but I wouldn't call them necessary. For aeration, just splashing it around alot when you are transferring to your fermenter works fine, and for straining one of these works well to put you hops in while you are boiling.

freind has one and says they work great especially keeping all the trub out, I would try it for 10 bucks, not sure if the aerator attachment works or not, its really cheap so why not try it

Sluggo said:
A lot of people, myself included, use the Auto-Siphon:

http://northernbrewer.com/siphon.html

It works great for starting a siphon, just remember to use 5/16" hose to get a good seal.

As for the aerator...I have one, but haven't used it in years. I just let the cooled wort splash into my primary when I transfer. It works just as well and it's free.

I have 5/8 OD - 1/2 ID tubing. So the 1/2" Autosiphon would be the one I would want?

Thanks again.

I use the Siphon Sprayer and it works for me.

Here's a shot of it in action:

4120-P3040024.JPG

Lots'o'foam!

:mug:

I like carboy caps for siphoning -- they're simple, no moving parts, and easy to sanitize. Plus, if you use CO2 for kegging, you don't even need gravity's help. I see no reason why the products posted wouldn't work just fine, though.

I have a siphon tap, it's specifically designed for siphoning from a brew kettle into a fermenter. I tried it a few times, and found it very difficult and awkward to start. Furthermore, cold break goes right through the plastic grid, nothing gets filtered out.

I consider it a poor implementation of a good idea.

Back