Sanyo 4912 Kegerator and Dual Regulators?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sluggo

Reaction score
Anyone out there have a converted Sanyo 4912 kegerator and use a dual regulator inside?

I want to fit 2 cornies, a 5# CO2 tank and a Micromatic 642-Battery regulator inside. I've come across a lot of pictures of people using a signle regulator, but no confirmation of a dual regulator fitting. It looks like most people have the CO2 tank centered in the back which would probably make the dual regulator a problem. Can the CO2 tank be shifted all the way to one side and still fit 2 cornies?

I have two regulators inside mine, it's a bit of a tight fit but it works. I like having individual control over my kegs.

I definitely want the control even if I don't need it (gotta be prepared). Did you have to shift your CO2 tank all the way to the right?

No, I have it kinda in the center. The thing is I flipped the regulators upside down. This is because my CO2 tubing isn't too long and because the valve screws (that adjust the pressure) might get in the way of the door. It's not easy, but I'm sure you can play around with it and get them to fit. I'm thinking of placing a plack in the back so I can put the CO2 tank on it.

That might be hard, but it depends. Is a 10lb just taller than a 5lb, or is it also wider? If it's just a height difference then it might work, but if the tank has a larger circumference then if might not fit. You could always have the cylinder outside, but you might have to drill a hole or two.

I think you may be able to fit an internal tank with a tank-mounted dual reg (if you don't have a blower hose in the way, like I do in mine), but I've never tried. You may want to use John Beere's setup with two mounted primary regulators and a high-pressure hose, or two secondary regulators and regular gas line if you have a reg mounted on your tank. With that you might rather use an external tank since you could use a larger tank that way. You don't need to drill a hole to run one line into the kegerator, you can just run one through the drain hole.
5923-100_0770.JPG

5923-100_0771.JPG

Thanks for the input John and Buford. Both of those conversions look very well done. I think I'll skip trying to push my luck with a 10# tank.

Latest posts

Back