Need help with ventilation!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cgreen042389

Reaction score
So I had the problem of not having a good spot to brew at my house so I decided to fix that problem and build a giant 180 sq ft shed to brew in... I am having an electrician come in and wire a new circuit to include three outlets (for the brew system and keezer) and two hanging lights (for late night shenanigans). Now my only issue is that I need help in how I should vent this thing. My initial thoughts were to get an industrial hood vent, but I was wondering if anyone else had another more economical way of doing this??

I have also attached pictures of what I am working with here...

Christian

622322_10151004418436761_766612879_o.jpg

620458_10151004418831761_497562070_o.jpg

Looks really nice. Given the size, an attic fan would be my approach. Also, consider insulating the roof.

I am actually experimenting with a 16 quart stainless steel cooking pot over my BK with a hole cut on the side hooked up to a 670 cfm duct fan. I got the pots from Harbor freight for 20 bucks. I figured for the cost why not give it a shot. Just a thought if your looking for a cheaper alternative. Although I like the attic fan idea David Mention since the shed is build for brewing. I on the otherhand brew in the basement.

Yea, unfortunately my basement is a crawl space that is about 6.5-7ft tall so that wasn't an option. It has sense been turned into the cellar...

I like the attic fan idea, I have been trying to find a solar powered one for a reasonable price but so far no luck

have you looked into vortex inline fans, or similar? That is the route that many go, I just bought a 6'' vortex today to start my winter ventilation plan.

Maybe you can find a used RV solar fan on craigslist or something. I check JC whitney but they want $150 or so new.

Back