What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got them both at capone's. $11/ limit one per person. I'm guessing this years will be the same.

Edit: they usually get a keg or two per year as well

Had a Fat Ten-er #5 (smoked old ale) at NEBCO.

Today's haul. It's going down.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392487532.843819.jpg

I've got two of those. I was hoping one may be okay and the other an unintended sour.

I was really worried that it was gonna be of the unintended-crap variety also but just know that even if they're both infected, they're pretty darn good anyways

Coriolis on the left. Gandhi on the right.

The Nelson in the Coriolis is in your face.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392488369.826920.jpg

#5 was realllly good. I don't usually like smoked beer but it was just the perfect amount. Going to be great after bourbon barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well-executed beer, but not for me. I don't think I could put down a pint of that. Too smokey on the back-end.

Most of NEBCO's IPAs smell and taste very similar to each other despite the different types of hops used. If you had the chance to grab some Fat Ten-er #4, you would have noticed it smelled and tasted very similar to Sea Hag (which is now dry-hopped, according to Matt last time I spoke to him). #4 was a hoppy red ale.

Coriolis (single-hop DIPA with Nelson hops) smells very similar to Hag and Gandhi. You can certainly smell the Simcoe in Gandhi but overall, their IPAs have a very distinct aroma and flavor. You might be onto something in that the base may be very, very similar.

got a growler of Winter Games 34 @ Okoboji Brewing Company. the guy that was brewing left and they're re-structuring everything: styles to be brewed, recipes, procedure. hopefully it will be a very positive change and they can get their big system up & running again.

Coriolis as I watch UConn choke to Memphis down the stretch. FML

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392490669.501954.jpg

Drank coffee through my brew day and should have drank beer. Failed on my brew day and I'm just generally annoyed. Think I'll crack open a euphoria when I get inside.

Just drank a gravity sample of the apfelwein I just whipped up. 2lbs dextrose and 1 lb brown sugar, turned out to be 1.070. 9.5% sounds good to me :D

For those that live in PA, would shipping a beer box on monday that will land thursday be safe?

Drank coffee through my brew day and should have drank beer. Failed on my brew day and I'm just generally annoyed. Think I'll crack open a euphoria when I get inside.

No bueno. What happened?

Michelada here.

I got to try this randomly at the homebrew shop last weekend. A guy was in that had just been out your way for work.

Solid beer.. A little thin, but aroma and hop flavor was insane.

Definitely thin. But aroma and flavor are incredible as is the case with almost all of their IPAs.

Yeah. :( whatever. It'll be beer. I'm just a *******.

Drinking this before I shower up. Friends opted to hang out with other friends today so our plans are cancelled. Imma gonna drink.
View attachment 179575

That sucks...but at least it will be future beer. Sorry about the "friends". I'm drinking caffeine free Coke and going to try to get a brief nap in before I have to go retrieve kids from a play date.

Looking forward to NEXT weekend...my next (Big Brew) brew day and I should be bottling my American Wheat/Citrus/Citra sometime next weekend, too!

That sucks...but at least it will be future beer. Sorry about the "friends". I'm drinking caffeine free Coke and going to try to get a brief nap in before I have to go retrieve kids from a play date.

Looking forward to NEXT weekend...my next (Big Brew) brew day and I should be bottling my American Wheat/Citrus/Citra sometime next weekend, too!
Nice and me too. You guys should come over to apex dispensary real quick for some terrapin wake and bake. I need to pick up something for a trade.

No bueno. What happened?

Michelada here.

I had a Rogue Shakespeare Stout extract kit that I wanted to bump up to 10 gallons so I asked my LHBS for help. They're all brewers and brew for the brewery from time to time. They bumped up the DME in beer smith and noticed the color never changed so they said not to add more steeping grains. Adding all that DME to about 3 lbs of steeping grains resulted in missing my OG by .040 (should be 1.090 but it is 1.050) and then the hops clogged my dip tube and as I was racking with a syphon I forgot to close the valve so once the clog was clear wort everywhere in my garage. Had a leak in my thermometer bulkhead so that was a mess to fix too. Then I thought I shook both vials of yeast but not well enough. I pitched and yeast was stuck in the vial so I had to figure that out. Just annoyed and I'm sure it has a little to do with my "friends" and probably not that I'll have a delicious brown ale, just not the 10 gallons of stout I wanted to have. Maybe I should quit brewing before I get hurt. Haha

Nice and me too. You guys should come over to apex dispensary real quick for some terrapin wake and bake. I need to pick up something for a trade.
Ha...I just got rousted from my nap by noisy kids returning home...I haven't had a chance to grab a soda yet!

Back