What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy-Klubb said:
caw-fay. I already feel like it's gonna be a long day.

I already know its going to be a long fookin day. At least I get to play with the cnc plasma table today. That's usually good for a half day of fun!

Gonna go make some coff

My Rye Porter. It's less porter than I hoped, but still a damned fine one. 10l in the keg, and 25x 330ml bottles aging. Warming up for my trip to Oktoberfest in Munich this year.

1377684049616.jpg

Recipe is here: http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/64230/strong-rye-porter

Thanks (though if you ever saw what I look like, you'd probably mistake me for a Hells Angel). I'm probably the biggest teddy bear you'll ever meet though (unless someone messes with my family, then the devil himself had better run).
The WTF sounds interesting; what's in it?

Figured I'd better put up a pic. Damn, I'm ugly; maybe I can join the mullet squad. I have an old ford truck with a headache rack...

Holy foook dude take it back :ban: j/k

jerryteague said:
It's a collaboration beer from Choc, Prairie, and FOAM (local home brew club in Tulsa). It's good stuff, but it's a limited release, once a year. It's one of the better Saisons I've tried (in my limited experience).

I'm almost positive my bottle shop just got like 6 cases of it. That and merica and one other.

NIZZLE said:
I'll get the specs for one what style you want? I got a sheet if ss laying around to

It's not any more work to make two, right? :D

NIZZLE said:
Nope it's actually more convenient I just need to look up specs.

You're my new favorite person. PM me your contact info for porch bombing.

MrNickVT said:
I'm almost positive my bottle shop just got like 6 cases of it. That and merica and one other.

Must be nice to live somewhere deemed worthy by the Brothers Shelton. When I was younger, I'd have driven 3 hrs plus to Lexington this week when I saw they had Prairie Bomb!.

Channel66 said:
Make me a new keggle false bottom would ya

The thought seriously had crossed my mind. I'm not sure how I'd deal with the holes. I can't set the torch to continuous arc. They might be small enough that I won't lose the arc, but the auto torch height control would go nuts! I'm still thinking about it tho.

Fierce grape Gatorade with lunch.

Edit: totally responded before I saw that NIZ is set up better than I am. That laser will probably be a little better than my plasma table.

1/16 would likely be fine, but I'm a lab rat.

My thinking would be to go with .125 since that should give you the option to brew with some pretty hefty grain bills with no support under the FB. 0.0625 might sag under some larger bills, so a support MAY be needed. Just a thought.:)

1/16 would likely be fine, but I'm a lab rat.

My thinking would be to go with .125 since that should give you the option to brew with some pretty hefty grain bills with no support under the FB. 0.0625 might sag under some larger bills, so a support MAY be needed. Just a thought.:)

I ment hole size ss is very strong it's thickness of sheet would be 22 gauge or 20 gauge. .125 ss would be pricey.

TNGabe said:
Must be nice to live somewhere deemed worthy by the Brothers Shelton. When I was younger, I'd have driven 3 hrs plus to Lexington this week when I saw they had Prairie Bomb!.

There's something special about those shelton broS :)

Back