Airlock question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azfalcon

Reaction score
I notice sometimes my airlock will bubble 2-3 times in a 4-5 second span and sometimes it will only bubble once in that same span. Is that something I should worry about or not?

Uh, no. If you worry about that, well, you might need Xanax.

I notice sometimes my airlock will bubble 2-3 times in a 4-5 second span and sometimes it will only bubble once in that same span. Is that something I should worry about or not?

No. Yeast dance at their pace, not the airlock's

:mug:

+1. While I am an admitted air-lock watcher, don't worry about it.

Only worry if there is no bubbling with active fermentation going on and the airlock is clogged with hop debris. Then run for cover.

agreed. if you were to look inside your fermenter, you would see different sized bubbles on top of the beer. if a big bubble busts, it would let out more CO2. or if there are a bunch of little bubbles bursting at one time would increase the airlock activity.

Revvy will jump on here soon with an explanation about airlock activity and fermentation worries. (he explained it when i asked the same question) then post a link.

RDWHAHB!! :mug:

I would definitely take it before you are boiling.

Use the airlock for entertainment purposes only. I generally believe airlock bubbling is a good sign of fermentation, but the absence doesn't prove ANYTHING.

HA HA ok thanks guys..may need to add a bit more xanax when racking

Back