Pressure booster for hot-water pressure washing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wuertele

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I've got all this hot water in my HLT, and I've got these march pumps, and I'm thinking "if I could boost my pump's pressure I could build a sweet hot-water pressure washer for my brewery".

Has anyone done this? It seems like I should be able to bolt some kind of second stage onto one of my march pumps to get something akin to the pressures in a pressure washer.

I know I can buy a pressure washer for not too much, but it seems like a waste since I've already got the water reservoir and a certain level of pressure.

So I've got all this hot water in my HLT, and I've got these march pumps, and I'm thinking "if I could boost my pump's pressure I could build a sweet hot-water pressure washer for my brewery".

Has anyone done this? It seems like I should be able to bolt some kind of second stage onto one of my march pumps to get something akin to the pressures in a pressure washer.

I know I can buy a pressure washer for not too much, but it seems like a waste since I've already got the water reservoir and a certain level of pressure.

Probably would not be very practical. I don't know of anyone who has done this and I also don't know anyone who uses a pressure washer to clean their brewing equipment. I don't understand why you would want to go to all that trouble and expense to do so. My cleaning routine doesn't require that kind of force. Generally, scooping the spent grain out of the mash tun, rinsing with hot water and some easy scrubbing are all that is needed at most. Everything else is easily cleaned with an Oxyclean or PBW soak and rinse. I think you may have a solution searching for a problem with this. OTOH, go for it if that's what floats your canoe.

This device is made to work with garden hose water pressure. I have no idea whether or not it would work with a march pump output pressure. Is this along the lines of what you're looking for?

http://www.amazon.com/Water-Jet-Power-Washer-Seen/dp/B00315HTGE
:mug:
That just might work! I know I can clean grains and trub out of the MT and the BK by soaking or wiping with a sponge, but why do that when I can blast it into oblivion from five feet away?

Pressure Booster Pump

water pressure problem is really a bog problem .Total home water

pressure booster pump is a solution for it. It will increase the

pressure and give better results so you can enjoy better
shower ana big cleaning and many more.It consume less power. Its safe

and easy to install and fully automatic that maximize and mainrain

household water presure. Maximum pumping capacity to 26 GPM ,Maximum

additional pressure 40 PSI

our pumps realy dont make great pressure...they are all about flow. The most psi you will see if you have the HS model is about 6psi.....if you have the 815 model (or 815 impeller in your 809-HS) then you can get about 8psi max. :(

-Walter

Back