Beer for my wedding..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EcuPirate07

Beer is a food group
Reaction score
Anyone have a good ale recipe that most people would enjoy not just hop heads like us? The reason im asking is because my wedding is in May and im brewing two batches for the wedding but I need something that will be enjoyed by the hop heads as well as the keystone lite crowd. I was thinking about maybe a blonde or something along those lines but sometimes blondes are so bland.

I'm also getting married in May. I'm brewing a couple batches of chocolate stout, and closer to the date I'll do a couple batches of wit or APA. I want two beers with different gravities so I can do black&tans.

I'm planning on doing a single batch of something special, too, for the "hopheads". :rockin:

Not sure how realistic this is, but you could make a decent recipe of something (IPA maybe? Scottish 70/-?) and then do second runnings (assuming you're AG) and turn it into a 'light' whatever you'd like. If all else fails just label it Miller Special Reserve Clone and see what happens.

If you're extract, then yeah, I'd go with a blonde that isn't too hoppy.

I vote for a Cream Ale. I've brewed it for parties, and it is a hit with real beer drinkers as well as the swill lovers.

As crazy as it may seem people are becoming very accustomed to Hefs as well. I myself am not a huge fan but Blue Moon seems to have put them on the map. Just a suggestion.

Flying dog makes tire bite golden ale. I've had it and its good. Nothing extraordinary but the regulars would like it. Not too high in the ABV department and has good flavor. The recipe is in the BYO 150 clones issue.

I'd go something special for yourself, an American Wheat, and a Light Hybrid like BM's Cream of Three Crops or a Blond Ale. Most folks don't like a traditional German Hefe but dig the American Wheats...

If I brewed for my wedding, I would have made an IPA, a Blond, an American Stout and an American Wheat.

ESB - not had to drink but some real flavor for the "real beer" drinkers and friendly for the MGD crowd.

I just did the beer at my buddy's reception and had a Lefe Blonde clone, breakfast stout, and apfelwien. All of those go over well with the beer enthusiasts as well as the masses, and it's nice to have a little of everything.

Also, if you haven't started kegging you might want to look into it. Pulling beer from a real tap drives people wild, and then you don't have to worry about bottles everywhere.

Back