So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that's right! From what we traced back,blower motor is fubar. Being retired with a $500 deductible...I'm roasting in here,right next to the fermenter stand. It gets the turbo fan...:drunk:

I hear ya about the heat, 95 with 90% humidity here in Minneapolis. Either way, mash is going for the pale ale despite the garage pushing 100 with the burner running in it to keep it out of the wind. I'm going to have to do partial no chill as my water will only get it down to 75-80. I'll toss it in the ferm chamber tonight and let it cool to 62 and pitch the yeast tomorrow morning.

Just mashed in an Oktoberfest using the Wy2565 Kolsh yeast. Got my swamp cooler all ready. I wish I had the space to do a true lager.

monday is still the weekend for me .. I am brewing in the morning .. a 4.5 gallon batch of an amber ale .. took this recipe off the northern brewer site .. a little less bittering hops tho, and notty instead of US-05

5# 2 row
1.75# munich
.75# crystal 60
1 oz cascades @60
1 oz cascades @1

notty

cheers all :D

Double brew day. I just got the oberon in the fermentors and yeast is pitched. Now my centennial IPA is about ready to boil.

I just finished up the Weed Puller Cream Ale from the last issue of BYO. It was Jamil's recipe. He changed it up from when he published it in his book, but same basic recipe. he left off the Dextrose. only problem was AHS is not stocking Liberty hops, so had to go with Hallertauer. I was able to dial in the same IBUs by adjusting for the Alphas, but I really wonder how much it will change the overall taste. Oh well, time to RDWHAHB and let the yeasties do their thing.

Oh yeah, this was also my first attempt of yeast washing. I pitched some very productive Cal Ale yeasties from a Summer Rye. They did a great job on the last batch, I suspect they'll do even better with this one.

Brewed an original pale ale recipe w/ centennial, cascade and willamette. Started at 1:30 yesterday afternoon in the backyard, with plenty of cloud cover it didn't feel that hot (despite 93F on the thermometer; I'm in Houston, Tx)...then the clouds broke and it jumped to 99 with no shade. I rigged up an umbrella over my chair and kicked back with a big 2-liter of my latest Blonde ale. Brewed 4.5 gallons of pale ale and bottled a Hefe. Good Saturday!

made a 5 gallon batch of very light belgian ale this morning. glad i got done by noon, as the heat index in minnesota is a whopping 108F today!

I just put 54 litres @ 1.046 in the fermenter of an improvised oatmeal stout, I thought I had more chocolate malt when I decided what I was brewing.

Just pitched the yeast into a Saison a minute ago. This was the first time i have siphoned the beer out of the kettle instead of just dumping it all into the carboy. Efficiency went down 5% (down to 75%), but i can live with that since i'm just getting rid of hot/cold break material and hops up front instead of having it in primary. I think it will become a regular practice now.

Mosher's Tire biter bitter tomorrow since i have the day off.

And a sour with a yet to be determined recipe in the next week or so to utilize the Jolly Pumpkin dregs that have formed a nice pelicle on top of the starter!

Did up a 5gal batch of Jamil's Saison with a few mods on sat (partial mashed). Did the started for ~24hrs. Bubbled like crazy until this am. Then not a whole lot. Heard this is pretty common with the wyeast on pale saisons. Anyone else get this?

I can FINALLY post in this thread!! Going to be doing a Fat Tire clone from Austin Homebrew on Friday. Will be my first brew, but I fell I'm more than ready for it. My 25' of 1/2" copper is scheduled to be delivered to my house today, so I can get my IC chiller up and running hopefully this evening. It is suppose to be close to 100 degrees here this week and my kit should be shipping today from Austin. I guess I really should make a starter. I'll have to stop by my lhbs and pick up some light DME and I'll have to use a mason jar I have at home since I don't have a flask yet. I'm worried about the high temperatures so I ordered a pack of Danstar Nottingham yeast just incase. WISH ME LUCK!!!!

Brewing a 12 gal batch of Hefeweizen on Thursday. I'll split it in half. One half will become an apricot hefe for the wife and the other half will just be a tasty hef for the neighbor. On Sunday, I will be brewing a 12 gal batch of my Gi'me Summit barley wine. The barley wine is just NW Pale, Crystal 150, and 6oz of Summit...mmmmm, taste like tangerines.

Will be teaching my brother-in-law the ropes with an extract/specialty grain IPA kit. If he's anything like me, he'll be hooked immediately and we'll hopefully do a good bunch of brews together in the future.

Going to do my first big beer this weekend. I have a Belgian Strong in mind and have made my Belgian Candi sugar already. So excited!

Going to brew a LOT of beer this weekend. 7 different beers to be exact. I might end up brewing through to Monday.

Coconut Brown Ale
Saskatoon Berry Ale
American Brown Ale
Sterling Pale Ale
India Black Ale
Smoked Porter
English Mild

I got a final FG of 1.010 on my IPA today. Dry hopped for 1 week with .5oz each of Columbus,Nugget,& whole leaf Cascade. It'll be next Tuesday before it gets bottled.

Dig it! See what Sam did to me with his 90min IIPA?! Not to mention,APA's in general that got me to think up the right malt profile. Much like Sam's. Hope it comes out good. It's been fun experimenting to get to the point where I was ready to try brewing one.

Not that its a weekend but I am brewing my House Ale tonight and possible a large (no huge) Winter Warmer/Xmas beer tomorrow :D

God I love this hobby, or is it a lifestyle? anyways.......

I have brewed the last 2 weekends and I am planning on brewing again this weekend. My wife said that I could brew every weekend we have free. She even said to get more buckets for fermenting.

brew on
CraigBrew

Fat Tire clone from AHS For me this weekend. Its been since April 16th that I last brewed! Can't wait to get to it, making a starter tomorrow.

Doing a sweetwater 420 clone and sending my ESP to secondary. It kills me to have an available keg...what a great thing!

I am!!! I am doing a beer that my brewing partners and I call "Pale Horse". (there are 4 of us...so the 4 horsemen...pale horse....)

I like to call it Horse Pop.

[ame]http://youtu.be/JCiI2DDJBSo[/ame]

Sweet Lemonade....Sweet, Sweet Lemonade!

Yeah it's pretty much a lawnmower beer. This should be good though.

Ho! Pale rider,whoa unto thee that wouldst cross thy path,for thou wilt reward all...with death! Old version from Revelation. How bout 4 horsemen ale?

Yep! We also have Red Horse, Chronos ale, and a few others. We REALLY want to start the 4 horsemen brewery and pub. But, one of us has to hit lotto first!

In the middle of my first brew right now! It's the Midwest Irish Red Ale kit that I got with my Groupon deal. So far so good... can't wait to drink it!

Back