Filling Co2 Cylinder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoochild7

Reaction score
I'm from NJ 07033 getting a keg kit with 2 corny kegs as I am growing weary of bottling. I've been looking around for a place to get my Co2 once I get my kit anyone know of any place.
Thanks

grab the yellow pages-- look for a place that services fire extingushers or a welding supply shop.

Welding supply places. I just take mine down and swap it. instant full bottle & a new washer every time.

Look for your nearest industrial gas or welding supply store. I have a Linde gas distributor in the office park where I work. Give them a call and i'm almost positive they'll have what you need.

The store I go to often runs out of exchange 5lb CO2 due to the large amount of drunks in my area:tank: , so be sure to call ahead.

Matt

if you are looking for a tank for cheap... check craigslist in your area, and then swap as needed at a welding supply shop. if you have time, craigslist is amazing for finding good deals locally. if you don't have time... either buy a tank or 'rent' one from a welding supply shop like the people above have mentioned.

Don't do what I did... Got my setup all set... ready to rack into the kegs... then remembered that I needed to get my CO2 tank filled :rolleyes:

I couldn't find any local places that would fill my CO2 tank... they all wanted to swap it. But I went out and bought a nice alum tank and I wanted that one since it's nice and clean...

In the end I went to my LHBS and they were able to get it filled... Took them 10 days :mad: but they warned me it takes a while..

haha. i don't worry about swaps anymore, it's just so much easier to, plus all the tanks will work well for our needs, and sometimes they will let you pick which tank you want to swap with. although, the places i've gone to give me the option of filling, but it will take them a week or so - they just tag my tank empty, and then when they get everything else filled, they fill it to, and then call me when it is filled, and i get my same exact tank for the same cost of a swap. too much time. i'd rather just get a different tank. right now i have one tank that was made in 1947. still in excellent condition.

Got any friends in the food service industry? Perhaps they would be willing to swap with you since, they really only pay a deposit on the tanks, and hypothetically get the gas for free, if they sell pop or beer.

Another good source is bottling companies. They're usually in most cities. They don't advertise CO2 refills but they have huge tanks of CO2 to fill their customers CO2 tanks for bars etc. My local bottling company charges me $1 a lb. You use your own tank (no swap)

Back