Any decent microbrewerie near Disney Florida?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CircleC-Brewer

Reaction score
I am going to Disney (Florida) next week. Haven't seen many options for craft breweries in the area. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The wife has given me a kitchen pass every night to get a beer. Willing to drive 30 minutes from Disney.

Thanks for the help.

Circle C Brewer

The Bauern-Stube Authentic German Restaurant

go there. :)

it's in orlando, the south side, not far from disney at all.

tiny whole in the wall super duper authentic german restauraunt. has kostritzer schwarzbier on tap, in the big litre mugs. great food, great authentic atmosphere too.

*edit* forgot to add, if you have park hoppers, go to epcot. you can get fairly decent beers from every country in the world practically. right now germany in epcot has the spaten oktoberfest on tap. mmmmm..

I haven't been there myself, but the Big River Grille & Brewing Works is a five-minute walk or short boat ride from the International Gateway exit of Epcot's World Showcase.

BIG RIVER - restaurants

Orlando brewing is a must. Melana and I were there on Sunday. About 12 or so of there beers plus Chimay grand crue and Bigfoot on tap. Plus they sell one gallon growlers. This is a big turn around from when I was there a couple of years ago when there beer sucked. Just to ease everyones mind I was the only one drinking. Melana was just the dd.

http://www.orlandobrewing.com

185.JPG

182.JPG

Hey John,
Ben and I are going ice-fishing on Tuesday in Plymouth. Wanna come?

PTN

ps
I don't balme you if you don't, it's 11 degrees out right now and supposed to not get any warmer for the next week. BUT, and it's a big but, it's just an excuse to sit around all day and drink on a weekday while the good, decent people of the world are all working.

And if that still doesn't do it for you, would you please send Melana to pick us up at around 3:30 pm?

Hey John,
Ben and I are going ice-fishing on Tuesday in Plymouth. Wanna come?

PTN

ps
I don't balme you if you don't, it's 11 degrees out right now and supposed to not get any warmer for the next week. BUT, and it's a big but, it's just an excuse to sit around all day and drink on a weekday while the good, decent people of the world are all working.

And if that still doesn't do it for you, would you please send Melana to pick us up at around 3:30 pm?

to the op sorry for the :off: thread hijack

I wish I could Paul. But between having a few days off this week and taking Monday off I just can't swing it. Thanks for the invite though.

I will warn you now, prepare to be disappointed at Epcot center. I walked around to every country and couldn't find a decent beer.

I will warn you now, prepare to be disappointed at Epcot center. I walked around to every country and couldn't find a decent beer.

Well, a nice Bass Ale from the UK pavilion isn't too bad, and doing the World Showcase drunk is *really* fun (especially watching Off Kilter perform - great band in the Canadian pavilion), but the beers are pretty much all overpriced macrobrew. The US pavilion has two types of Sam Adams if I recall correctly, and during the International Food and Wine Festival (late September through early October), they sponsor a "history of beer in the US exhibit, where I think they serve samples:

THE HISTORY OF BEER IN AMERICA - Hosted by The Boston Beer Company, Brewers of Samuel Adams Beer -- Learn the history of beer in the New World and the awesome art and science of brewing. Seminars daily at 12:30, 1:15, 2:45, 4:15, 5:15, and 6:30 p.m.

There are some great beer stores in Orlando though (Knightly Spirits is small, but wonderful!), and there is an ABC liquor store near Downtown Disney that has a decent selection.

Back