Bling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enohcs

Reaction score
IMG_0647.JPG

My Colorado state fair results WOHOOOOOO!!!!
Blonde Ale - did not place out of 27
IPA - did not place out of 12
Brown Ale - 3rd out of 21
Jalapeno Porter - 3rd out of 13
Robust Porter - 2nd out of 14

No gold, but not bad. Funny thing about the Jalapeno Porter, It was a last minute decision to put a jalapeno in half the porter bottles. I guess it worked. Here is what one of the judges wrote:
(While evaluating the Aroma) "Intense pepper aroma, can tell this is going to hurt." (While evaluating the flavor) "Wow!!! Well balanced pepper flavor, heat is much lower than expected. I actually find myself looking for more pepper."

Now...let's see your hardware

EDIT: LET'S SEE YOUR BLING. THIS IS A PHOTO THREAD

Congrats. I haven't entered any competitions yet, so I am not worthy of anything except bowing to you.

I keep getting "Parent" ribbons from the kids' swimming lessons, so I'm in:D

Nice going. Someday I hope to brew a beer I feel is competition-worthy. I also hope I can get up off my lazy butt long enough to send it in:eek:

Well I didn't want to hi-jack your thread, but you gave me the green light:
6nxqv5.jpg

a few of them are SWMBO's....she was big into 4H when she was younger.

But on a serious note....those are some pretty impressive stats.

Your Brown....3rd out of 21. Very Nice.

I was shocked actually. They combined all of the American Ale categories. The guy who won gold at the NHC for his APA didn't even place. I just posted my 3 winningest recipes including the brown.

Now my trophy case looks nothing like yours. That's pretty sweet. I just have a single nail in my garage next to my brew setup that I hang my beer medals on.

wow.... I didn't read your post closely enough the first time

The ENTIRE state of Colorado?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm surprised there weren't more entries. Some good craft brew in Colorado, I would figure there'd be a good number of brewers. I know we have a few here.

Well, congrats. Display the proudly. Maybe keep an unopened bottle of each and hang the ribbon over the bottle on the shelf.

First place American Brown Ale and IIPA in the Peach State Brew Off and First place and Best of Ales for Russian Imperial Stout in the Bluff City Brew Off.

DSC00839.JPG

DSC00841.JPG

DSC00842.JPG

Back