what burner to get for keggle ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronco1500

Reaction score
Im in the mood to add a new burner to my new keggle. Not to concerned with cost.... if its worth it.

What do you guys like?

If I could go back and save the money from all these propane burners I have, I would have invested in an electric brew setup. ITs freezing outside right now and I want to brew, yes my wife would HATE having the entire house smell of hops and worty goodness but at least with an electric setup I could brew indoors (the basement) with many open windows. How hard could it be to install an electric heating element? Especially if you have a brew club you belong to. I am sure one of those men have an electric setup who could help you out.

I really like the bayou classic BG10. $16 on Amazon, and it puts out enough heat to easily boil a 10+ gallon batch. I have one on the HLT as well, and usually have 15 gallons up to temperature effortlessly. Can't forget to get an orifice as well, and I use the 0-30PSI regulator. Works like a champ.

What makes the blichmann so awesome, besides the fuel efficiency ?

Im in California, even in the dead of winter is only 50 out (today Jan 27th it was 67).... So i usually wanna go outside to brew \;-)

Just upgrade to a keggle myself. I was brewing on a SP-10 burner and also upgraded to the Blichmann. I will say that the keggle didn't sit too well on the SP-10 even with a grill grate but the SP-10 did get it to a boil. However, the Blichmann is so much nicer than the SP-10, quiet, stable with adjustable surface, very easy to adjust the flame for maximum efficiency. Its also made of stainless steel, so it will last quite a long time. It was well worth the investment in my opinion.

Bronco as Kaz said the Blichman is just so solid and stable. It is easily adjustable to hold pretty much any size kettle or converted keg. When you pick one up you can just feel and see how well made it is. It does a better job of controlling wind than many other burners as well. Just a well thought out design overall. It is super quiet also, none of the hurricane high pressure burner roar.

Back