Switching from partial to all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philosophaster

Reaction score
Ow difficult switch is this to make and would it. Take a while to make good quality beer again? Also, what equipment is a must have and what kind of cost am I looking at here. Thanks.

Ow difficult switch is this to make and would it. Take a while to make good quality beer again? Also, what equipment is a must have and what kind of cost am I looking at here. Thanks.

Not as difficult as you might think. I started with BIAB and love it, i get around 90% eff most brews. Mash with 3litres per kg of grain the just sparge through the bag with water the same temp as my mash temp. After a couple of brews you'll be away!

This is a good cheap setup IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004D0GK3O/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
if you're already doing full boil its a pretty easy switch - find a cooler and convert it to a mash tun. my first
all grain batch wasn't perfect, but instill made good beer. a few batches is all it takes to get your system dialed in so you hit all your numbers the whole way through, but there are plenty of things you can adjust if you're a little off at the time (temp, volume, gravity).

Back