Ball lock plastic insert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebawilson

Reaction score
Bought a ball lock keg a couple of months ago from keg connection it was a sale they had the kegs are what they called race track lids. Here's the thing I broke it down to clean it and to change the seals and under the post it has a plastic insert thing that's round and looks like a pin lock plastic insert phone call made inserts received now I try to put them in and now the post will not screw down. Anyone had this happen to them and what's a solution.

Poppets?

K102.JPG

If so, there are a couple of different types. I think some are compatible with each other and some aren't. I haven't got around to replacing mine, so I don't have an easy answer for you. I know you have to get the right ones and carefully line them up when putting the posts back on. And don't forget the rubber 0-ring that goes under the dip tubes...

Don't have any useful advice to offer, but I'll be watching this thread with interest since I just got two of those same kegs delivered yesterday.

How have they been working out for you?

The new plastic peices made are a little too large, use the old one to measure how much needs to be removed from the new plastic insert.

No the plastic insert it has is shorter than the plastic insert that is for a pin lock I'm wondering if they just trimmed it down to fit in a ball lock post. So I'm thinking I might take a dremel to it. The poppet it has fits the post. Or do you think I can add a few seals to the to dip tube to make it fit snug to the poppet?

Latest posts

Back