Parti-gyle Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannPM

Reaction score
I want to add a 1 lb blend of some character malts (CaraVienne, Special B, & Biscuit) to the second sparge to add some character and body to the patersbier I'm doing with the second runnings from a partigyle (first runnings are for a Golden Strong)

Does anyone see a problem with this? I'm using Wyeast 3711 for it so I'm not concerned about ending with a high FG due to basically not mashing but solubilizing the grain starches of the pound of additional malt-blend. The unmashed starches should just provide a tad more body to what would have been a low-bodied beer, at least that's what I'm thinking. Any problems you can see with this?

nope sounds pretty normal. other than the biscuit, the others only need to be steeped anyway, and either way you'll still extract flavor/color from it

Thanks for the quick feedback guys! Headed to the brew store after work and wanted to be sure!

Back