Stevens Point Brewery "Specialty" Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvtschultz

Reaction score
I try to buy a variety pack of "specialty" brews for each brew day to try beers that I might otherwise never try during my normal day-to-day activities. For this week's brew day I chose Stevens Point Brewery of Stevens Point, WI. The 12 pack contained five different beers:

Horizon Wheat (Very Good!)
Cascade Pale Ale (Good, I'm not a huge IPA fan)
Belgium White (I don't care for hefe style wheat beers)
Burly Brown (Very Good!)
St. Benedict's Winter Ale (haven't tried yet)

Of special interest to me is the Horizon Wheat beer and the Burly Brown. Both of these were particularly appealing to my palate and I'd like to brew up my own versions. I'd really like to start with the wheat beer since summer is just around the corner and I think that it'd be perfect thirst quencher.

Has anyone tried these? I realize that they might be pretty bland for the hard-core brewers here, but I to me they were about perfect, especially the Horizon Wheat.

Does anyone have a similar brew to the Horizon Wheat? Point lists Pilsen, Vienna, Crystal, and Red Wheat Malt; Cluster, Willamette, Liberty; and 5% ABV and 10 IBU's.

I really like the Cascade Ale. Nice Pale Ale that reminds me of an IPA in flavor, but a touch less strong.

I think I've had the Belgium White and thought it was 'OK'.

I had the St. Benedicts, but darned if I remember if I liked it or not. I want to think it was pretty good.

I'd like to try the Burly Brown. I like a good brown ale.

While I enjoy the beers in their 12 pack, I'd have to recommend that you try their 'whole hog' series, which come in 4packs. Their Russian Imperial Stout and six-hop IPA are the only two of the series that I've tried so far, but were very good.

Back