What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good decisions: about 50 oz I water before bed. Bad decisions: waking up at 6 am unable to sleep.

Coffee then shower, store, and brew day. Oh and food.

Check out my pic of the exploding gallon batch of porter. I posted a thread to ask about it but it was amusing so I'm sharing here.

image-62781180.jpg

Hello said:
Good decisions: about 50 oz I water before bed. Bad decisions: waking up at 6 am unable to sleep. Coffee then shower, store, and brew day. Oh and food. Check out my pic of the exploding gallon batch of porter. I posted a thread to ask about it but it was amusing so I'm sharing here.
Dang, that sucks. Is any of it able to be saved?

Oh yeah. That was a water bath swamp cooler so the krausen made the water brown. Most of the beer is in the jug. It's cranky for sure!

Hello said:
Oh yeah. That was a water bath swamp cooler so the krausen made the water brown. Most of the beer is in the jug. It's cranky for sure!
Yeah I've popped the top on a 5 gal bucket before. Luckily I didn't have a big mess!

NIZZLE said:
It's a 2011 black metal if that's what your asking the non farmhouse version they don't make no more It's retried.
Nizzzzz how was that HT last night? Did you give it a different review?

Summerwine Teleporter.

The band did duelling banjos with a guitar and a bagpipe. It was funny.

I like beer festivals.

Swarley88 said:
Haha just found this in my cabinet.

TNGabe said:
An almost 40 yr old airplane bottle of Crown? Hell no it isn't going to be tasty. Doesn't mean you shouldn't drink it.

Swarley88 said:
Hahaha ok I am going for it. I am already a little buzzed though , which should make it even more amazing haha. I'll report when I finish off this glass of wine and pop the Crown into a glass.

Did Swarley die last night? He hasn't been heard from since drinking the '76 vintage Crown Royal :)

Went to a beer tasting at sleepyemt's place last night. Some hardcore beers were poured. I'm pretty sure I'm still drunk.

- No Label Elda M Milk Stout
- Founders Mango Magnifico
- Three Floyds Broo Doo
- Westbrook and ? Mini Growler Imperial Stout
- Russian River Temptation
- 2009 BCBS
- Deschutes Chasing Freshies
- Founders Doom
- 2013 Backwoods Bastard
- Odell Woodcut #6 (This was awesome.)
- AleSmith Speedway Stout
- Bruery Tart of Darkness
- Russian River Consecration (2008'ish?)
- 2009 World Wide Stout
- Red Brick Sacred Cow (Off the line yesterday.)
- 2008 Stone Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
- Heady Topper
- Pliny the Elder (Oct 2013)
- Rahr Ugly Pug
- 2011 FiftyFifty Eclipse - Elijah Craig 20 barrel aged
- Ommegang Take the Black stout
- Burnt Hickory Corrosion of Conformity
- Brooklyn Black Ops
- Deschutes Black Butte XXV
- Rochefort 10
- Westy 12

itsme_timd said:
Went to a beer tasting at sleepyemt's place last night. Some hardcore beers were poured. I'm pretty sure I'm still drunk. - No Label Elda M Milk Stout - Founders Mango Magnifico - Three Floyds Broo Doo - Westbrook and ? Mini Growler Imperial Stout - Russian River Temptation - 2009 BCBS - Deschutes Chasing Freshies - Founders Doom - 2013 Backwoods Bastard - Odell Woodcut #6 (This was awesome.) - AleSmith Speedway Stout - Bruery Tart of Darkness - Russian River Consecration (2008'ish?) - 2009 World Wide Stout - Red Brick Sacred Cow (Off the line yesterday.) - 2008 Stone Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout - Heady Topper - Pliny the Elder (Oct 2013) - Rahr Ugly Pug - 2011 FiftyFifty Eclipse - Elijah Craig 20 barrel aged - Ommegang Take the Black stout - Burnt Hickory Corrosion of Conformity - Brooklyn Black Ops - Deschutes Black Butte XXV - Rochefort 10 - Westy 12
I believe it's Westbrook and evil twin. Either that or mikkeller!

Grape Skeeter Pee freshley racked off of the finings. Mmmmm tasty! (11%) Getting things ready for brewing my Mexican Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, final notes, setup and of course music blastin! :ban:

ForumRunner_20131109_142620.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Grape Skeeter Pee freshley racked off of the finings. Mmmmm tasty! (11%) Getting things ready for brewing my Mexican Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, final notes, setup and of course music blastin! :ban:
Mexican as in chocolate or spice?

Back