Beer from Germany

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amishland

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations to ask a friend from germany to bring me on his trip over here.

I would like to ask him to grab me some thing i cant buy here.

any recommendations?

I am looking for recommendations to ask a friend from germany to bring me on his trip over here.

I would like to ask him to grab me some thing i cant buy here.

any recommendations?

IMO, I'd go for any "Oktoberfestbier" or "Oktoberfest/Marzen". Either designation will mean you're getting the full 6-month-aged classic.

I brought 5 gallons of Augustiner helles back with me from Munich. Unfortunately it was gone in a few days. Great stuff!

Ask for Karg Hefewiezen. It's fabulous!

GermanFood2.jpg

It has been like 3 years since my German class, I may not be able to speak it anymore, but I could make out most of this.

Was ist schmecht?

Or wait re reading it .........is it taste

It has been like 3 years since my German class, I may not be able to speak it anymore, but I could make out most of this.

Was ist schmecht?

Yes.

Ich mochte eine Leberkase mit Spiegeleier, pommes frites und ein Salat,
bitte...:rockin::D

I would like a Livercheese with a sunnyside up egg, fried potatoes and a salad, please.

Leberkase doesn't have any liver or cheese in it AFAIK. It lastes a lot like out bologna only airier, more spongy instead of dense. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leberk%C3%A4s

Ist das "speck" an die links?
Is that bacon on the left?
Ja freilich, noch einer Hefe Weizen...:mug:
yes, sure, another Hefe Weizen.

Alles schmecht gut!!!
Everything tastes good.

Was ist schmecht?

It's spelled "schmeckt".

As far as beers are concerned, ask him if he can grab some Frueh Koelsch - it's one of the best of its style and unavailable in the US.

Du bist richtig...;)...wrong finger...they get dyslexic sometimes...:drunk:

Please don't think i was trying to be a grammar nazi (I only do that for things like "their" vs "they're" or "your" vs "you're") - I just thought that it might preclude people from figuring out the meaning if they plugged it into an online translator.

Prost!

AX

Please don't think i was trying to be a grammar nazi (I only do that for things like "their" vs "they're" or "your" vs "you're") - I just thought that it might preclude people from figuring out the meaning if they plugged it into an online translator.

Prost!

AX
Hey, no problem on this end...I do not mind being corrected...;).
Also, I don't own the t-shirt that says: "INSTANT A$$HOLE...JUST ADD ALCOHOL...":drunk:

I was sampling my Apfelwein earlier and thinking in my last posts did I say "Du bist richtig" or should I have said "Das ist richtig" oder "Du bist recht?

The mind's a terrible thing...;)

Hey, life is but a dream...:rockin:

:off:

So homebrewer, I've been wondering this. Your sig does not say you are a supporter, but you have an avatar and almost 12000 posts. Are you the owner/creator of HBT?

Knowing what area he is from would help.

If he is near Munich, I would ask for the full line-up of Andecher Kloister biers. They are incredible. I would just tell him to bring not distributed town brewed stuff. Almost all the towns (or areas at least) have a local beer that we do not get here. Ask for some of those.

:off:

So homebrewer, I've been wondering this. Your sig does not say you are a supporter, but you have an avatar and almost 12000 posts. Are you the owner/creator of HBT?

A great man once said: "I don't want to belong to any organization that wants me as a member"...

No, not a founding father...if I was I would have a free lifetime membership...;)

I was a member for 1 year, but let it lapse.

In all seriousness, there have been a few times I've been warned about some of my comments and threatened with being banned for something so minor (no examples given since some of the mods may be thinking I mean them when in actuality I remember who they were) ...so...why would I offer to pay for a lifetime membership if there could be an off chance of being banned on my next comment because someone feels it was too offensive or whatever? Kind of like throwing money away...I guess in that way WildWest is right. A lot like paying to drive on a toll road and the speed limit is lower...that sucks!!! ;)

As far as websites in general go there are too many self-righteous candy-a$$ed keepers of the electrons on the net who had their heads up their collective a$$es before they got a sign from God that they are better than everyone else then their heads swelled so much that they're too big to pull out even if they were dying of thirst...:mad:...so right now 12000 is just a goal.

I have nothing against someone trying to earn a buck, but once something is paid for the rest is plain old stealing...like a toll road... As for not being a paying member? That's my choice.

This site's pretty good. But website owners in general need to realize a website success is not really their doing...it's the paying members and non-paying contributors that make any site work.

One site can have all kinds of advertiser and another not a one...which one's better? Depends...

Until then I'll roam from site to site and be (hopefully) informative, sarcastic, comedy relief, the elbow in the ribs, whatever, because that's who I am.

Almost there...11,984!

What was the question?

Hey, no problem on this end...I do not mind being corrected...

I was sampling my Apfelwein earlier and thinking in my last posts did I say "Du bist richtig" or should I have said "Das ist richtig" oder "Du bist recht?

It would be "Du hast recht" or "Das ist richtig"

Back to the OP,
I have found it impossible to find a Dusseldorf Alt in San Diego, and we are pretty well supplied.
It's my favorite style, so I'm always looking.

Back