South Jersey/Philly/Delaware Group buy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again for organizing this Jeff! I am stocked up for quite some time.

Anyone who missed the buy... I suggest you post up a thread and I bet you will find enough people to get your own going! No need to wait around for another

+1 on the Huge Thanks to our organizer!!!! I look forward to continuing these when I run out in a few months!

Many thanks Jeff, that was unbelievably easy pick-up. Hopefully the next one won't be freezing and we can all exchange some homebrew.

Good point on the homebrew swap, I also think some brews for the forklift driver would help ensure they let us use their lot for the pickup again!

If I can ask since I missed out on this buy this time, how soon will there be another buy? I would definitely like to get in on this.

I may actually organize another soon. We have some club members that would like a few sacks and I found out friday night at a meeting that one of our members has a loading dock at work that we can use. We would like to order 11 pound bags of hops to split as well. I'm going to bring it up at our next meeting and if we can get enough people in on it then I will post it here.

Based on the number of responses on here I would bet you could fill a pallet within a few days by just starting your own buy. You could also just try to organize the the next buy right in this thread. Picking up at the terminal worked out really well so I am not even sure you need a location with a loading dock.

hopefully they will send RYE next time :p its all good, i'm be sure to make use of the M.O.

I'm still going to call to let them know that they missed that one. I'd be in for a few bags next round. Pils, Wheat and maybe 1/2 of Munich.

Jeff thanks again this was very easy and smooth.

I am not sure how this happened as it seemed I checked every bag 4 times. But I woke up to the RYE in my trunk!

I feel this is my fault so I will deliver the third to wherever they need to go. Defenestrate and Skarude... PM me and I will drop off tonight or tomorrow.
Obviously I counted it as 2-row last night, so I need the MO/ or 2 row I dont care back and we will all be straight I believe.

Sorry Guys!!!

Ha that is some funny ****! Any how I will send the bucket of MO back to Jersey with Seth tonight and you can figure out when to make the swap with him.

Now I get to test my skills figuring out which bucket has the MO. Anyone got some tips for picking it out? I should have labeled the buckets last night!

Now I get to test my skills figuring out which bucket has the MO. Anyone got some tips for picking it out? I should have labeled the buckets last night!

well its actually the lightest of the 3, and if you taste them the MO has more of a bread taste vs the malty taste of the munich and the sweet taste of the C60.

Glad we found the bag finally!

Seth, are you really in Maple Shade? I'm in MS also. Right by 73/Woodlawn.

hey successful brew day complete.. Seth you are in Maple shade? PM me your address. Defenestrate.. you are very close as you know, let me know your address via PM I will get you both your RYE within the next two days. I really feel like a ****** here on this one.

I have a starter of pacman and a starter of dennys fav 50.. so i brewed a close recipe to snpa clone with mopa instead of 2 row.. i will split 10 gallons and pitch both

Cool. ... apartment brewing? I'd set up shop right in the parking lot if I were you!

Yeah man! Like I said I'm a brewing newbie... only brewed my 3rd batch ever the other day, but I've had the kegerator for maybe 5-6 years now. It's a little chilly to brew outside for me, and so far the canning element + heat stick is working out for me stovetop. You are right though, only a matter of time before I start brewing on the back patio

Thank you to lordura for organizing this buy. :mug:

Also, thank you to sethga and skarude for hauling the grains for me back to PA. It was a big help and much appreciated!

Yeah man! Like I said I'm a brewing newbie... only brewed my 3rd batch ever the other day, but I've had the kegerator for maybe 5-6 years now. It's a little chilly to brew outside for me, and so far the canning element + heat stick is working out for me stovetop. You are right though, only a matter of time before I start brewing on the back patio

i'm jealous, i cant remember the last time i brewed inside :D

Happy to help brew hoperator! Thanks for the homebrews! I already had one tonight. Very good.

Latest posts

Back