question about mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-pa

Reaction score
I am thinking about trying a batch of mead for the 1st time but I have no idea what it taste or suppose to taste like is there any where I can buy some commercially made mead or certain brands I should be looking for? . I have been looking but can't seem to find any around here anyway( central wisconsin)

thanks for any replies

I found some at a local grocery store chain (Hillers) right next to the Ports and Sherrys. They carried B Nektar (local label) and Chaucers (california). The Chaucers was reasonably priced $12 and came with some mulling spices. Skip the mulling spices to taste what a straight "show" mead taste like. You can find a review of it in the mead review section.

Hey G-pa..where in Central WI are you? I've been brewing meads for a couple years now. I am down in La Crosse, and could certainly let you try a bottle of mine. Heading up to Wausau this THursday for the weekend and some deer hunting.

Dan

Back