What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ODell IPA. Sierra Nevada Celebration was such a disappointment this year, I had to scratch the IPA itch. This always works.

Extra large Morning Rush coffee right now. But Oskar Blue's Dales Pale Ale & SAWinter Lager for a bit later. Label says it's a dark wheat bock with spices like Great Lakes Christmas Ale. Sounded interesting. I'll report back later...:mug:

Never too early to start early. Heck, kinda late for an early start.

image-3854412028.jpg

My Bière de table

Boddingtons, while relaxing from my long trip out of town. Next is a SN Torpedo, or a Big Eddy RIS. Either way, I'm glad to be back home and having some good beer!

Well,the spices in the SA Winter Lager def change the classic bock flavor a bit. but they still meld well with the bocks' malt/hop profile. Dark copper color,light tan head. I'd prefer the bock style flavor be a little more pronounced myself. But a good brew never the less.

mcbaumannerb said:
Another brew from a swap with a co-worker. Love the aroma but still haven't decided if I like the tart finish - good thing I have eleven more ounces to help decide!

Saw that one somewhere online. Love the name!

My Cal Common. Disappointed with the clarity, but I'm digging everything else. Last time I hit it with gelatin in secondary, this time it was just Whirfloc. I'll try leaving a few in the fridge for more than the week this one was left and see if that haze drops further.

20130118_180550[1].jpg

Qhrumphf said:
My Cal Common. Disappointed with the clarity, but I'm digging everything else. Last time I hit it with gelatin in secondary, this time it was just Whirfloc. I'll try leaving a few in the fridge for more than the week this one was left and see if that haze drops further.

How long does it take you to chill a batch?

How long does it take you to chill a batch?

Depends on the day and the groundwater temp. With this one, it was down to the 90s in about 10-15, and down to pitching in maybe 20-25. During the summer, it can be 30 to get below 100, and an hour or more to reach pitching temp (if it can get there at all, often have to supplement with an ice bath. I really should set up a pre-chiller). But I think the problem is more with the boil strength. )My electric stove can't get the best boil, and hot break suffers a bit. But they're usually clearer than that. At the end of the day though, I only notice a haze problem with my beers, no flavor detriment. So I'm not horrendously worried about it.

This is on the agenda for the weekend...

View attachment 95193

SWMBO wasn't happy about the price :S

Now that's just wrong... the 'Slam's in MO and not here for another week. F'n Bells.

A pint of my American Black Ale. Still a tad undercarbed, but stellar. Simcoe and amarillo everywhere, bitter, a hint of roast and just an assload of hoppy goodness. I'm usually a harsh critic of many of my beers, but I nailed this one.

My last can of this delicious Belhaven Draught. Nitro + session beer = awesome

Is that from the haul I sent you? Need more? :mug:

Yo nuke - if you're out there studying, good luck on your BJCP test tomorrow! :rockin:

Good call!! Best of luck to ya man, nail that b!tch to the wall. :rockin:

Back