Adding orange peels and spices into boil..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauvafr

Reaction score
Ok I want to add them 10 min before ending the boil. Do I remove them from the wort before pouring it into my fermenter ?

It will make no difference. You will have gotten all the flavor out of them in the boil, so they will add nothing more, but they wont hurt either

I put zest &/or spices in a hop sock 10-15 minutes left in the boil. Take'em out at wort chill time. I also strain chilled wort & top off water into the FV. Pouring in acircular motion makes the wort & water come out the fine mesh strainer like rain,aerating it pretty good. Stir roughly 5 minutes to mix well & aerate some more & you're good.

I put zest &/or spices in a hop sock 10-15 minutes left in the boil. Take'em out at wort chill time. I also strain chilled wort & top off water into the FV. Pouring in acircular motion makes the wort & water come out the fine mesh strainer like rain,aerating it pretty good. Stir roughly 5 minutes to mix well & aerate some more & you're good.

Awesome I will do that!

I just don't know how to strain the wort since I am dumping from kettle to carboy with a funnel..

Back