Canadian Brew Swap - Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenche

Reaction score
Obviously it is impossible to partcipate in a brew swap with our American brothers and sisters, but are there any Canadians here interested in starting a brew swap?

:tank:

I wouldn't mind, but the cost of postage for me is too steep.

I don't mind sending a few bottles to a comp, but anything else would be out of the question.

Perhaps someone closer to you would be able to do it. I swap brews with fellow
brewers here, but I can drive them over.

Good luck

I would consider swapping, as long as shipping wasn't an issue (is that why they have plastic bottles :D ). As part of our local medieval group, I started a brewing guild, and we have been having fun. I can't wait to bottle my heather ale (it tasted amazing at racking).

Let's see if we can get enough interest to develop, and perhaps set a date in the future so that we can prepare. I will keep checking this thread to see if there is enough interest.

I wouldn't worry too much about whether you consider your beer to be 'swap worthy' or not. The appeal to me is to have my beer evaluated by others with the same interest in craft brewing.

In my case I just meant that the beers I currently have in stock have minor flaws I'm not happy with (carbonation issues, flavour issues etc). My ordinary bitter that I just put into secondary today is another story, so far it's awesome. :)

I might be interested, but at the time I only do kegs and I just started AG. I'll be building a counterpressure filler and this might be just the thing to get me going, but I too don't have anything ready to go yet.

Where you from, kenche? You should put your location in your options.

I would be interested, too. But I have the same concern as boo boo -- Canada Post is going to be REALLY expensive to ship across the country.

FlyGuy said:
I would be interested, too. But I have the same concern as boo boo -- Canada Post is going to be REALLY expensive to ship across the country.

Wow, you are right about that! I just cheked to online to see how much it would cost to send a package large enough to hold one beer from Vancouver to Newfoundland and it showed $11

That is way too much!

I'd be interested too, but since I'm kegging everything now ...

I don't have the beer gun or counterflow thingamajig to let me bottle from the keg. Perhaps when I get that going?

Mark,
Vancouver

Perhaps we can look at breaking out into a west and east brew swap.

Seems to be a few more of you out east, but personally I will be happy to find one or more people to swap with.

I propose that Manitoba be the cut (although Canada's glorious crack is actually in Ontario). Ontario and east is in one brew swap. Manitoba and west is the other.

I will admit that I again have not looked into the actual cost of shipping, but imagine that this may be more reasonable.

I would also expect someone from the east area to handle the logisitics of that swap.

Back