Random use for Star-San

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
since it's non-rinse I decided to spray some oranges I have in a huge bowl for juicing. A week later, no mold!

Just wondering why i never thought of doing this before. Also, think about summer berries like raspberries and blueberries that get moldy right away.

I was thinking of using star san on my fishing wading boots to rid them of nasties.

Undilluted starsan destroys counter tops, make sure not leave bottle on nice counter tops.
Big oops right before moving from old place. Diluted should be fine. Not sure I'd use on wading boots as it is an acid.

I use it on all fruits and vegetables that aren't going to be either peeled or cooked.
A quick spray and a miinute later a rinse.

Lots of hands sorting through those grapes and other stuff in a supermarket.

bosco

I will use it in drains ... Sounds gross, but drains, garbage disposers get nasty. A nice produce web cut with water to cleean counter tops

A rinse with diluted vinegar will have the same effect on fruit. So in a sense, you are just providing a nice acid wash for the fruit to kill the nasties.

A rinse with diluted vinegar will have the same effect on fruit. So in a sense, you are just providing a nice acid wash for the fruit to kill the nasties.

Yup.. Starsan has no odor. I prefer that to vinegar except in salads. LOL:)

bosco

I use starsan to sanitize jars before making yoghurt for swmbo...much easier than boiling mason jars and it works great.

wonder if anyone has used it for a quick shower? just saying, if i thought of it, someone out there (really...out there) has done it

wonder if anyone has used it for a quick shower? just saying, if i thought of it, someone out there (really...out there) has done it

Hey, or even mouthwash!! :ban:

I guess those could very possible be found in the "might be a homebrewer if..." thread. lol

Back