WLP008 East Coast Ale Yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marrty24

Reaction score
I have a vial of WPL008 east coast ale yeast and I'm trying to figure out what to brew with it. Below is the White Labs description which gives some recomendations, but does anyone have any others or solid recipes that they've used this yeast in.

WLP008 East Coast Ale Yeast
Our "Brewer Patriot" strain can be used to reproduce many of the American versions of classic beer styles. Similar neutral character of WLP001, but less attenuation, less accentuation of hop bitterness, slightly less flocculation, and a little tartness. Very clean and low esters. Great yeast for golden, blonde, honey, pales and German alt style ales.

Thanks!

I brewed a version of Yooper's Pale Ale with this about a month ago. I just kegged it, my sample tasted pretty darn good but I can't comment on the finished product. I think just about any light pale ale would work with 008.

Back