What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tyzippers said:
Well, I'm at our apartment since I can't get into the AFB right at the moment. And it's 11:23. So I could give a sh!te if they're still working. I got nothing but 4 white walls to state at. I'm salaried too. So, my 8 hours have been up a looong time ago!

Ahh.. I hear ya. Ive never worked a true salary job so i wouldnt know the feeling. I worked 24 hours of overtime on sunday it was beautiful. went to work at 7am sunday got home around 8 am monday. Bottled my first attempt at a fruit beer(raspberry wheat) got drunk went to sleep and now i will be up all night because my sleep schedule is such ****e.

My Proper English getting ingredient list together for lhbs tomorrow

ForumRunner_20130917_003303.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
They do have it there. If you find it GO THERE!!!

I intend to. I have to see what all the commotion is about. Ill ring back a few packets so I can do a side-by-side with my beloved, hometown Heinz!

Dave37 said:
Ahh.. I hear ya. Ive never worked a true salary job so i wouldnt know the feeling. I worked 24 hours of overtime on sunday it was beautiful. went to work at 7am sunday got home around 8 am monday. Bottled my first attempt at a fruit beer(raspberry wheat) got drunk went to sleep and now i will be up all night because my sleep schedule is such ****e.

I used to work an hourly job. Pulled a few 26 hour shifts as a stage hand at the theater. Loved that. But I certainly do NOT love working a 12 hr shift salaried and only making 8 hrs worth of wages. There's perks, but few. Not sure they out weigh the perks of being hourly yet.

Dave37 said:
Wow just found out HBT bleeps out the word $hite as wel.

Also found that out the hard way.

You do 24 on 24 off?

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
You do 24 on 24 off?

Nah my work schedule is pretty complicated. There are 2 shifts the 9am to 6pm and the 6pm to 9am. By the book our schedule rotates as 2 9 shifts in a row followed by one day off into 2 6pm shifts followed by 2 days off. But we on the regular firefighter level do a ton of shift trading. This allows us to trade our 2nd day shift into the prior night shift giving us one consecutive 24 hour shift, eliminating the need to come to work 2 days in a row and thus giving us a larger span between tours of duty. It usually gets broken down into 24 on 48 off 24 on 48 off 24 on 72 off. Generally We work 96 hours every 2 weeks but get paid for 80 or 48 a week but get paid for forty(we get paid bi monthly). Every 3rd week we get an extra 24 off though and still get paid the usual amount. Which makes our pay salary like
In a sense.

But if say im working the 9 am - 6pm shift and we get a call for any emergency at say 5:45pm any minute i spend on the rig past 6pm is overtime. Hope i didnt confuse you.

Nah my work schedule is pretty complicated. There are 2 shifts the 9am to 6pm and the 6pm to 9am. By the book our schedule rotates as 2 9 shifts in a row followed by one day off into 2 6pm shifts followed by 2 days off. But we on the regular firefighter level do a ton of shift trading. This allows us to trade our 2nd day shift into the prior night shift giving us one consecutive 24 hour shift, eliminating the need to come to work 2 days in a row and thus giving us a larger span between tours of duty. It usually gets broken down into 24 on 48 off 24 on 48 off 24 on 72 off. Generally We work 96 hours every 2 weeks but get paid for 80 or 48 a week but get paid for forty(we get paid bi monthly). Every 3rd week we get an extra 24 off though and still get paid the usual amount. Which makes our pay salary like
In a sense.

But if say im working the 9 am - 6pm shift and we get a call for any emergency at say 5:45pm any minute i spend on the rig past 6pm is overtime. Hope i didnt confuse you.

Lol nah. I get it. Just wondering, cause a buddy of mine back in TX is a firefighter and they do the 24 on thing. Hates it sometimes

My crew finally returned around 1:00AM. With sandwich meat and coffee. So, a sh!tty dinner, but at least I'll have food tomorrow. Hitting the hay. Think I'll rip into some Resin and maybe something from 3F too!

Btw, there's more Warlock coming off the bottling line! Mark, if you can find some, I might throw something at you for a couple bottles. I might be able to pick up some Prairie out here...just sayin.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Lol nah. I get it. Just wondering, cause a buddy of mine back in TX is a firefighter and they do the 24 on thing. Hates it sometimes

I, for one, am thoroughly confused. All I have to say is thank you for fighting our fires. I'm grateful!

My crew finally returned around 1:00AM. With sandwich meat and coffee. So, a sh!tty dinner, but at least I'll have food tomorrow. Hitting the hay. Think I'll rip into some Resin and maybe something from 3F too!

Btw, there's more Warlock coming off the bottling line! Mark, if you can find some, I might throw something at you for a couple bottles. I might be able to pick up some Prairie out here...just sayin.

I have been trying to find it since Labor day - without luck thus far. I'll let you know if I do (and Prairie Bomb would be most excellent if that's about.)

Hey Mr Chemist, do they have Whataburger up here in OKC? I saw a commercial on the TV for it today, but didn't see any around. Though I've not ventured out too far yet. Or is it just a TX thing?

It a mainly in Texas but I think there are some outside here. Not sure though just have to search for them. The ketchup is sold only at HEB if you find one too

DisturbdChemist said:
After I post that, I second guessed myself. Never mind then.. too many trades to keep track of:smack:

Some of the spicy fell in the box you sent me. It was delicious!

Tea, getting ready to try and run 5 miles for the first time in a while. The distance I think I can handle, that first hill that goes up 200' in under a 1/4 mile is gonna be the hard part.

I have been trying to find it since Labor day - without luck thus far. I'll let you know if I do (and Prairie Bomb would be most excellent if that's about.)

I will certainly see if I can find some Prairie Bomb! Is that a seasonal or a year round for them? (Guess I can google it too.) I've been informed (by ST fook book page) that more Warlock is rolling off the bottling line as we speak, so we should see it on shelves in a week or so maybe. If you're one of the lucky ones to have it distro'd to your area, that is.:(

edit: Drinking some Gevalia French Roast. It's not bad! Better than the crap they get back in PA.

About to open the fridge and see what's going on. I think it's pretty full of nothing but home brew.

Oh gawd. That trail isn't 200' in a qrt mile, it's 200' in maybe 300' and then up and down 50' hills after that. Bright side is that rest of the run is cruise control after that.

Shoulda put some Berliner in the fridge before I left.

On the Prairie Bomb! subject, I've heard the new batch with red wax isn't very good compared to original batch which was gold or silver wax IIRC.

Oh gawd. That trail isn't 200' in a qrt mile, it's 200' in maybe 300' and then up and down 50' hills after that. Bright side is that rest of the run is cruise control after that.

That sounds terrible to me. I mean the word "run" I hate that word in context of moving my legs in a rapid fashion in order to facilitate my body moving at a higher rate of speed than jogging. I get all phlegmy and end up having a hard time breathing. Yes, sports were difficult in HS and college. I was never very fast, but was proud of the 5:30 mile I ran in gym class the one time.:rockin:

On the Prairie Bomb! subject, I've heard the new batch with red wax isn't very good compared to original batch which was gold or silver wax IIRC.

Noted.

You do that for fun???

You do that for fun???

I started running to be supportive of my wife on her 3rd or 4th attempt at a couch to 5k program. Now it's for fun. We both used to be pretty fit, she biked at least 150 miles a week and I used to whitewater kayak like it was my job. I don't have to get my abs back or anything, but as many empty calories as I get from beer, I need to do something. First homebrew club meeting was a good motivator and though we slacked of during the hotter months, I'm looking forward to getting back to running 20 miles a week this fall. I hate road running, it's terribly boring, and though trail running isn't as much fun as running steep creeks used to be, I've never seen anyone drown or nearly died myself while running.

That sounds terrible to me. I mean the word "run" I hate that word in context of moving my legs in a rapid fashion in order to facilitate my body moving at a higher rate of speed than jogging. I get all phlegmy and end up having a hard time breathing. Yes, sports were difficult in HS and college. I was never very fast, but was proud of the 5:30 mile I ran in gym class the one time.:rockin:

Noted.

[ame]http://youtu.be/W6gSDlU5emM[/ame]

Running is boring. I agree. I find that sprint workouts keep me a lot more motivated than running at 6-7 mph. Boring as ****.

finsfan said:
Running sucks, I mountain bike :D

F mountain biking. Lift some ****! Bahaha

Just kidding, brother. Mtn biking is awesome.

FYI - anyone need carboys? (yeah, im looking at you Gabe). Northern Brewer plastic carboy BOGO (5 or 6 gallon) through midnight Wednesday 9/18. Use DUBBLEUP5 or DUBBLEUP6 as the promo code. I just got two six gallons for 35.55 delivered.

haha I do sometimes, for cardio tho I bike. I know its not technically "mountain" biking here in kansas, but he have some pretty nice mountain bike trails. I was in Taos New Mexico this summer biking on actually mountains. Beat the hell out of our hills! :D

Back