What beer to make with shortest time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rounder999

Reaction score
With my first batch bottled (Amber Ale)with my second batch 1 week in the primary (also an Amber Ale)I am looking towards my next brewing adventure. I have on hand kits for an IPA, a stout and a wheat. I have some extra DME and some cascade hops for flavoring and aroma as well. Which of these would be ready in the shortest Time for drinking without compromising flovor? (Yes, I am anxious!)

With my first batch bottled (Amber Ale)with my second batch 1 week in the primary (also an Amber Ale)I am looking towards my next brewing adventure. I have on hand kits for an IPA, a stout and a wheat. I have some extra DME and some cascade hops for flavoring and aroma as well. Which of these would be ready in the shortest Time for drinking without compomising flovor? (Yes, I am anxious!)

The wheat, undoubtedly. IPA and stout both need some time. A wheat can be ready in several weeks.

The Wheat beer will be ready...Especially if you get some 3068 or similar heffe yeast. They can be very good in a very short period of time. The batch I bottled with 3068 had good carbonation in 3 days (I try and always us 1 or 2 plastic bottles for every batch) after bottling, and I was drinking it at day 5. It's supposed to be cloudy...all that yeast gets carbonation done FAST.

It's supposed to be cloudy...all that yeast gets carbonation done FAST.

+1

3068 is Crazy Go Nuts. The smack pack was swelling after 20 minutes. I bottled last night, and the plastic bottles were firming up by the time I went to bed! I think it was even actively fermenting in the bottling bucket..:eek:

Latest posts

Back