Group Buy in Chicago #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bill - Has anyone ever gotten an oak barrel in a group buy? Does it make sense?

Hey Bill - Has anyone ever gotten an oak barrel in a group buy? Does it make sense?
Two buys previous we placed an order for barrels. You need to get enough interest from others to buy barrels to mitigate the shipping price for it to happen. I believe in that buy there was either 4 or 8 barrels ordered and it averaged out to $160/barrel.

Bill, are we going to have another group by at the end of the year, or will #9 be the last one of the year? I'm doing grain calculations and I want to make sure I'm set for the brew schedule I have setup.

Bill, are we going to have another group by at the end of the year, or will #9 be the last one of the year? I'm doing grain calculations and I want to make sure I'm set for the brew schedule I have setup.
I really don't know yet

we are hoping to start group buy #9 by no later than Monday. this next buy will be slightly different than in the past and prices SLIGHTLY higher than before since we will need to go through a business per supplier's requirements. I will still be coordinating the buy with the usual suspects helping me. the database is going through some additional modifications to accommodate this new format. pick up will still be at my place as usual. I will post on this thread as well as as previous group buy threads hopefully buy Sunday or Monday. please keep an eye out.

hate to break it some people but hops will not be available in this buy. we will run another hops buy in a couple of months.

Drats! Ah well, getting the grain cheap is still a boon to us. As always, thanks Bill for organizing this.

I'm in! Need more grain to justify the 75 year supply of rice hulls from the last buy!

Actually, a busier than usual summer squashed my brewvailabity and has me over stockpiled... Catch up plans in progress...

I'm in! Need more grain to justify the 75 year supply of rice hulls from the last buy!

Actually, a busier than usual summer squashed my brewvailabity and has me over stockpiled... Catch up plans in progress...

Ha, did you get the other half bale? Truly a lifetime supply. What I want to know is what kind of machine managed to stuff it in there in the first place. It's like I have to chisel it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back