What You Wear While Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shorts/jeans and T-shirt/hoodie as is appropriate for the weather. I wear flip flops if it's warm enough. I don't own any water proof footwear.

Racing shirt and jeans. The next day my dirty clothes smell up the whole house with homebrew, kinda like potpourri

I brew in a garage in colorado with propane so the door is always open. I try to wear long quick drying pants, flannel shirt, chacos or skate shoes depending on the temp. I'm all for safety from glass and fire, but I use mainly better carboys and kegs to avoid shards of glass.

My gear at home has suffered from me working part time at a brewery. Now just out of habit I wear rubber boots, jeans, & dickies work shirt.

I'm usually a t-shirt/shorts/flip flops/barefoot brewer, I'm sad to say, but a nasty incident with my younger brother and a glass carboy has me wearing closed toed shoes most of the time these days

:rockin:

party.jpg

overalls and boots. received some 2nd degree burns once and learned my lesson. its kind of like putting your uniform on before playing in a sports tournament. gear up and kick ass. mmmmkay

Shorts, t-shirt and sandals. I have two turkey fryers and in South Texas, even in February, having those going in my garage will make you want to strip down as far as you can get.

I want to get me some white rubber boots like the aligator wranglers use in Swamp People those would be so cool!!!

They call them "cajun reeboks" in Louisiana. They use white because they don't make your feet get as hot in the sun

When it's cold outside: shirt, jeans, sneakers.
When it's hot outside: shirt, shorts, sneakers.

In between: cock sock.

I wear some type of brewing shirt, jeans, and slippers. I have noticed what is up with everyone that wears sandals? Also I brew inside until I get a burner and bigger pot to do full extract boils.

I brew AG on my stove top; Slippers, pajama pants or sweatpants or mesh shorts & a beat up old Guinness T-shirt I've had longer than I can remember, it has "Air conditioning" holes in it at all the seams.

This time of year I mash in the basement and it hovers around 50 F. I always wear some kind of beer related shirt, then jeans, my leather Pilsner Urquell apron, and either shoes or leather slippers, and a hat (mostly to help keep warm). I change hats after I mash in to a different hat. I also wear gauntlets when doing any step that involves raw grain. I was surprised to notice just how much dust collected on my arms, glasses and head as a result of milling and mashing in - even with being careful. So now once I'm mashed in the gloves come off and the hat gets changed.

In the summer, I switch out jeans for shorts, and ditch the second hat.

Back