False Bottoms?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suthrncomfrt1884

Reaction score
So, my current method of draining my mash and kettle isn't cutting it anymore, and I'd like to upgrade to a few false bottoms. It doesn't need to be top of the line, just functional.

I've searched the site and found lots of scattered threads, but nothing with everything in one spot.

I'd like to know peoples opinions on certain false bottoms, and if you know of any I haven't seen, then please throw them in... Keep in mind that I'm using a 15.5 gallon sanke keggle.

So far I've looked at Jaybirds, Sabco's, and MoreBeer... I know Jaybird has nice quality, but at $95 shipped...that's a little pricey for me. I'm willing to pay for quality, but I'd like to keep it cheaper.

Any suggestions?

Since your using a 15.5 gallon Keggle your best bet and its what I use and its by far the best false bottom I have ever used and seen, it filters amazingly. Little pricey but it is very nice, it fits like a glove is easy to remove to clean and is very heavy duty. Its called a Stainless Steel PICO style keg kettle false bottom w/supports and I got mine from Adventures in Homebrewing. Hope this helps! Cheers

Since your using a 15.5 gallon Keggle your best bet and its what I use and its by far the best false bottom I have ever used and seen, it filters amazingly. Little pricey but it is very nice, it fits like a glove is easy to remove to clean and is very heavy duty. Its called a Stainless Steel PICO style keg kettle false bottom w/supports and I got mine from Adventures in Homebrewing. Hope this helps! Cheers

I have the same one. It's awesome.

False bottoms from Jaybird/NorCal are top shelf. Got one in my keg mash tun and it works beyond great. Plus Jaybird is a top notch person who actually cares about his customers. That's getting more and more rare these days.

Do you know if this would work with a electric setup (heating elements)?

Back