Rookie Mistake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panfishrfun

Reaction score
So I am dry hopping for the first time, and I got excited and didn't pay attention to the directions. I put my hops in my wort right after I put the yeast in, instead of waiting until after fermentation. Is this gonna ruin the beer, or will it just not be as hoppy as if I did it the right way? Also, if the beer won't absorb as much of the hop flavor, can I add another round of dry hops after fermentation??
Thanks in advance

You can always add more hops later but remember that the addition of Co2 will bring out the out the bitterness (carbonation). Part or all of the hop aroma supplied by the dry hop will be carried away by Co2 given off by the fermentation process so adding more dry hops later is deffinately recomended. Take notes you may be on to something there. Don't stress about the hops. Just have a homebrew and relax.

Had several homebrews, and I feel good....I'll add some more hops later and we'll see how it turns out

Thank you

One of my best beers was dry hopped at the same time that the yeast was pitched.......

Latest posts

Back