Malt in Cola

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBBF

Reaction score
Has anyone ever experimented replacing some percentage of sugar with malt? I know the Swedish soda Julmust has some malt and hops in it. I had some while I was in Sweden and it tastes like a spiced cola.

I agree that Malta Goya is some nasty stuff. That is definately not what I'd be going for.

I like the idea of using some extra wort and mixing it in with some cola to see how it tastes. Thanks for the info.

I made a vanilla toffee ale awhile back and it tasted just like a cream soda, I think that you could take some LME or DME and heavily caramelize it for both color and some really nice flavor in a malt soda

I don't know aboutv soda but back in my extract days one of my nephews had a craving for chocolate milk during a visit when he was young. Of course we didn't have any so my wife mixed some of my DME with some milk and the rug rat went ape chit over it. I hid my DME from then on.

Latest posts

Back