problem with beer first time using a mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millerkiller

Reaction score
used a corona mill with my last 2 batches something is wrong the beer is really light! it almost seems like all i got was the specialty grains wort is there somthing I missed I used a corona mill compared the milled grain to what I got at the hbs looked the same.

used some recipes I found on the board used biermunchers cream of three crops and jkarp's razzy wheat but used colorado 2 row in both recipes I didnt take a gravity ready on the cream of three crops but on the razzy wheat I got 1.045 original and 1.005 final. the cream of three crops has a greenish cloudy color and the razzy wheat is really light tastes like a wine kooler.:( never had this problem before I milled my own grain.

Sorry, but without all the details of the recipes, all of the numbers, a detailed outline of your procedures, and preferably pictures of the crush, it's going to be hard to troubleshoot for you.

Back