Brew Stand Control Panel Timers / Countdown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBugeater

Reaction score
I know i have seen this on some of the control panels posted in these forums, but for the life of me cannot find them to ask the owners...

I am just starting assembly on my control box for my single tier brew stand. I have 2 LOVE controllers for temp control on burners, switches for power, valves, and pumps, etc.

I have plenty of space in my control box and i figure while I'm at it, I'd might as well add 1 or 2 simple timers to my control box. I use 1 or 2 kitchen timers during the brew process, I can add these to my control board/box so they are always there. Just a simple start/stop for watching time, or possibly a countdown timer with an alarm. Much like a kitchen timer. Set it for "X" number of minutes, start, goes off when expired. Nothing fancy.

My problem, despite searching, is that i cannot find such a device that would mount in a panel. Does anyone have these it use or have some advice where to find such a device?

MNBugeater

Take a look at www.wortomatic.com. This guy built a wicked cool control panel with a timer in it. His timer was from an electronic kit.

I've been thinking of buying a new brew timer like these, http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/vcatalog_page.asp?p=2114, one with multiple displays. I've also been thinking I could tear it apart and try to panel mount it when I get to actually building a brew stand. :)

wehumble said:
Take a look at www.wortomatic.com. This guy built a wicked cool control panel with a timer in it.
Thanks for the kind words, wehumble!

MNBugeater, please do not hesitate to ask any questions you have about your control panel build -- your brew day is about to get a lot easier! :)

Cheers,
Push E.

For those looking for the type of timers I have, I just saw this and thought I would pass it along for those who are interested. These timers count both up and down and can control relays, valves, buzzers, or any other device. There arent too many companies that make these for a resonable price that can be panel mounted. Mine are M 318 HV, these are slightly different, but work the same.

http://cgi.ebay.com/M813-LED-Syrele...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

I dont suppose you know off the top of your head what the cutout size is for that Syrelec timer you have do you?

Back