Convert ag recipe to extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsalot

Reaction score
need some help with this

Grain Bill
8 lbs. 2-Row
2 lbs. Vienna
0.5 lb. Crystal 10L

I was going to brew an AG but I dont have the funds for a mash tun but I need to get something going in my primary. What kind of extracts should I use to get the same turnout?
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=31793
this is where I got the recipe.

Easiest thing to do is swap out the 8 pound two row for between 5 and 6 pounds of extra light DME or LME. Keep everything else the same.

AFAIK, Vienna needs to be mashed, and I don't know if any Vienna extracts. Your best bet would be to mash the Vienna with the Crystal (partial mash), then add pale extract to make up for the 2-row.

Oh, and if we're talking partial boil with this, don't forget to either add your extract late or up your hops additions slightly.

Or if you can wait till xmas break we could do a 10gal batch and split it....I've got a big enought MLT and pot.

BYOF-Bring Your Own Fermenter

Of course, if you have access to different types of extract syrup, like the vienna extract sold at Northern Brewer, the conversion is just about 1 lb grain to .8 lb LME.

Latest posts

Back