Weyermann Acidulated Malt - Need recipe ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnalley

Reaction score
I was mistakenly shipped about 8lbs of Weyermann Acidulated Malt (2 Row) recently. The company told me to just keep it, so I'm looking for recipe ideas that utilize it.

I'd peruse the sour recipe section for ideas, maybe repost your question in the lambic section. Acid tends to go well with brett and fruit, and go poorly with agressive hopping. My choice would be a brown ale with either cherries or blackberries. You could also try a saison or a faux-berliner.

Yeah that seems like a lot but depending on how much you brew you might be able to go through it. I think I went through like 3 pounds in a little over a year just using it to adjust PH. If your really nice you could give some to brewing friends I like working with it, easy to just throw it in with the other grain when milling.

BierMuncher's Ode to Arthur Guinness clone makes use of it to try and recreate the 'twang' that Guinness has.
I use 6oz in a 10 gallon batch and it's a tasty brew. You could probably use a bit more with no issues.

Back