• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Hot Liquor Tank - Central Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmatejka

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the process of getting my new march pump setup and integrated into my system, but i think i have outgrown my old ss 5g kettle from extract days. It has served well as a hlt so far, but as i do more and more 10g batches, i am obviously lacking a larger vessel. While i dropped $200-300 on my brew kettle, i am having a hard justifying that for my hlt. I know the sight glass and thermometer are not cheap, but it feels wrong spending the same on something that is just prepping mash and sparge water. Anyone looking to upgrade or have a cheap recommendation?

It seems like aluminum and some weldless fittings might be best to keep this cheap.

Thanks for any sales or thoughts,

Wes

I_B_Mongo said:
Find a keg. Cut hole in top. Install a cheap brass ball valve. You're looking at about $25.

$25? I've been looking for 3 kegs for a while now. Impossible to find locally. If you can get them for $25 and shipping is reasonable I'll buy 3 from you. Can you look into it?

$25? I've been looking for 3 kegs for a while now. Impossible to find locally. If you can get them for $25 and shipping is reasonable I'll buy 3 from you. Can you look into it?

Try asking liquor stores. Not sure the area you're in, but I have gotten a couple kegs this way because sometimes they accept kegs for return, but they are not from breweries that they are affiliated with, so they can't return them through their distributors.

absoluthamm said:
Try asking liquor stores. Not sure the area you're in, but I have gotten a couple kegs this way because sometimes they accept kegs for return, but they are not from breweries that they are affiliated with, so they can't return them through their distributors.

I'll try that thanks!

Thanks for the recommendations. Local beer store just sold me an old keg for what they pay for deposit. $30+ tax. Now I just need my weldless spigot and thermometer + sight glass and I am golden.

Recommendations for best place to get a weldless ball valve and thermo+glass combo?

Wes

Thanks for the recommendations. Local beer store just sold me an old keg for what they pay for deposit. $30+ tax. Now I just need my weldless spigot and thermometer + sight glass and I am golden.

Recommendations for best place to get a weldless ball valve and thermo+glass combo?

Wes

brewhardware.com

Latest posts

Back