Williams Brewing kits vs brewing from recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linusstick

Reaction score
I have a bunch of recipe books (Clone Beers, Beer Captured, etc.) and those beers have turned out decent but not great. I am always tempted to order one of those pre packaged Williams Brewing kits but never did because I thought the ingredients wouldn't be as fresh as if bought at my lhbs. Is this the case? I've never used one of those kits but would be willing to try

linus,

I've bought quite a few kits from Williams. I always felt their ingredients and supplies were very fresh. Their kits make great beer in my opinion. I would not hesitate to buy from them if you find something you like.

NRS

Unless your lhbs is a very busy shop with product moving FAST, Williams will likely have much fresher ingredients. This is the reason I have chosen Norther Brewer as my place to order stuff from, I know their inventory moves quick, and I order their kits (for now) and will use them for ingredients once I build my own/use other recipes.

Back