Leaking Perlick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MmmBrew

Reaction score
I recently purchased a couple of 525SS faucets from Keg Connection. One of them works flawlessly but the other has a steady drip leak at the spout. I took it apart cleaned and inspected it then reassembled but it still drips. The handle doesn't seem to go closed all the way. The handle lever doesn't go as far back as the other that I have when I push it back to close it. I can push it back a little more to get it closed but when I release it, it just comes forward a little. Any ideas? Appreciate any help.

Contact KegConnection and ask them. Either they can give you advice on correcting the problem or they will call it defective and swap it out for you.

I had the same problem and just replaced the gasket which created a better seal. I also saw that someone ground the teeth down with a dremel, but I don't recommend surgery if you can skip it.

Its the faucet/shaft combo. Teeth prolly dont match up. Replace one or the other. Or wrench it down super arse tight like I did until it stops.

I had to do this myself on one of my perlicks, you are talking about a faucet drip and not a shank to faucet connection leak correct??

Same thing happened to me. The shaft the tap handle has to be lined up correctly. Loosen the nut on the top of the faucet and spin the handle. You should feel when it is in the right position.

I emailed Keg Connection and they didn't respond by the next day so I emailed Perlick. Today I have replies from both and Keg Connection said they will forward my email to the owner and let the manufacturer know and if they can't provide me with a fix they will replace. Perlick said they will send me a replacement. I had everything tight as hell and still dripping. I guess waiting for the replacement will just let the other keg age a little longer. At least I have one working.

I had much the same problem. One faucet was fine; the other a very slow drip that you could turn off if you really forced the handle back. Here is what worked for me. I noticed that on the good faucet, the handle assembly was a little further up, and therefore had plenty of room to close. The handle is connected to that little ball thing in the spout with a screw thread. Rotate the handle while you hold the ball with something so as to extend the handle up a few turns. Then screw the whole handle assembly back down, making sure the plastic thing is orientated correctly (as Ischiavo send in the prior post).
Good luck

Had this issue with most of my perlicks on a new keezer, did a full stripdown and reassembly of all of them, seems to have solved the issue.

Back