im hurt and i need to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeak

Reaction score
so i fell at work. knee blown out. im home and i need to brew. i have crutches and i need my girl to help me out lifting etc.

what are some ideas for broke knee ale?

see right! i asked that. i would do all the math and do all the grist measurments. but i would need her to do the lifting of the grains and the water to the brew pots. i just requested she would wear stockings and heels to help me heal.

so i fell at work. knee blown out. im home and i need to brew. i have crutches and i need my girl to help me out lifting etc.

what are some ideas for broke knee ale?

sorry to hear about your misfortune, i know how it feels (i currently have a torn acl AND a torn miniscus in the same knee, but able to get by on it and go to work with it right now). :(
this thread reminds me- i'm gonna have to eventually have surgery on my knee. thinking about doing the surgery possibly in may (so i could be off work on medical leave during the summer ;)). i'm gonna have to have some brew made up and ready in enough time that i wouldn't have to worry about it while recovering.
hope your healing of your knee goes well. ;)

Well right now i think im lucky. i was told that of all bones to break, the patella is a good one. I guess this was a good thing. Apparently i tore the retinaculum as i subluxed while still in the air. the muscles compensated and the patella sheared into pieces. i thought i fractured from hitting the ice. I am back at work but i dont know how people sit in thier office all day. usually i balance field work and some office work at the end of the day. This blows. i am lucky to have a job to back to work but still, i am bored as hell. good time to make some recipes on brewsmith and maybe do something this weekend.

I have to go back in one week and the ortho will try to do the remaining tests/exams for the meniscii and ligaments. i was too swollen and tender for any of that yesterday. I like that he is treating me conservatively. He said let us treat the obvious (the fracture) right now and then we will look at therapy etc. I think he could tell at 42yo i am not trying to get back "into the big game". im not in danger of not "making it to state". Im ok with conservative. The real problem is that i am not getting the level of sympathy at home from my lady. I was hoping to milk this one out and keep the sympathy up there. I asked for something the other day and she flippantly said "what is your leg broken"?

that's okay. she probably wont be dressing up for me on brew day but i bet she will want to help me with the cleaning otherwise her kitchen will be "tore up" i cant be expected to clean with a broken leg.

As long as your drinking arm still works, it's all good... :D

Sounds like a good excuse to build a brew stand so that you don't "tear up" her kitchen while brewing, and also don't need to worry about lifting anything... :rockin:

I'm sure you can come up with plenty of answers to her when she asks for something next time... :eek: :ban:

yeah great! drinking arm was uninjured. i have only 2 kegs left of "product" one carboy needs racking. and that is it. my relatives visited recently so i sent them home with bottles of the shelf samples. just havent had the time to brew.

I should explain. My lady's 'tude stems from the fact that she works in trauma for her profession. what she sees and deals with i suppose is a lot worse than some silly orthopaedic injury. That is where the joking comes from. she has been helping but i get teased quite a bit. That is how we interact anyway. She also made the mistake of using that 1 to 10 scale on how bad do you hurt. I dont know how to do that. i told her maybe a 3 maybe a 6 it kinda depends. so i noticed when i was fishing for sympathy i would escalate my scale number a bit higher. they dont like when you do that. she will help brew. i know how to solicit her help. her friends sure do like getting samples so im sure she will help out. She says "brewing is your hobby...I have no interest in that" (...until sample day). But you see her hobby is scrapbooking. I say F*ck that i like brewing better.

If i knew where i could get 14.7gal kegs in alaska i would already be on that brew rig. i guess i will just high grade and buy 3 stainless pots one day. What a great hobby!

sCRAPbooking... What a waste... At least with home brewing people can actually ENJOY what you've made... Never see people pulling at scrapbooking stuff at good parties, but you'll see them sucking down great home brew like there was no tomorrow... :rockin: Never heard of any scrapbooking producing a "crowd pleaser"... :D

Start searching for bars that are either going out of business, or recently closed. Chances are, you could score some kegs there. Check out CraigsList too... I scored some Sanke kegs last week that way (5.15 gallon)... :ban:

I have a scrapbook.....It has pages of recipes with notes, and charts with yeast descriptions, and hops characteristics and substitutions, and even some pictures. I just happen to call it a notebook. :)

Latest posts

Back