Pumpkin Spice Ale Brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juvinious

Reaction score
Finally got around to brewing my pumpkin spice ale after finally being able to get a hold of some pumpkin. Started off around 5:15am to roast the pumpkin, took about two hours, then I doughed in with the pumpkin. All in all it was an excellent day and the wort came out great.
Below is an intro pic the rest can be viewed here.

8824_201146973272_602223272_3937906_8228888_n.jpg

I like that you marked a line in your graduated cylinder for the hydrometer sample. That is a great idea, I will have to do that. Thanks.

Eric

I can't believe I didn't think of adding a line to my hydrometer cylinder either. It will definitely make things easier after my next reading.

I'm assuming just to know how far to fill the cylinder up when doing a reading. Otherwise you always end up with overflow when you place the hydrometer in.

How's it taste? I am assuming AWESOME...more details
Very good :p. I'm not good at describing stuff but it has a subtle spice up front (not overpowering) with a nice malty body and I do get some pumpkin notes on the finish. It's refreshing as hell even at 6.9% ABV.

That looks just like mine juvinous. Absolutely awesome!
Heh I haven't seen yours, but yeah I think the flash from the camera kind of masks the nice clear orangish hue it has.

I love the label dude!
Thanks, I've started to use that as my brewery label. The only thing that changes is the background. Which for this brew the pumpkin is fitting. :)

Back